Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Why do male humans have hairs in their bum crack? What does it achieve?

They catch post-dump nuggets for you to smear all over your crack when you wipe it...must've been an insulation thing from our caveman days, kept the hole nice and dry underneath caked on poo.

I've always wondered why football is becoming less and less of a contact sport. Before and around the time I was born (1996) you would see how physical football was but nowadays any little touch brings the players down and thus a freekick. Makes me sad.

Makes me sad ad angry! Watched a bit of the Chelsea v Man Utd game yesterday. Full of players diving, feigning injury, moaning and crying to the referee all the time.

The reason why it became like that initially was the influx of overseas players. 

I was in the chemist getting the years print out of receipts for the tax deductions and a junkie absolutely off his tits asking one of the girls behind the counter about the teet lids on a baby bottle I presume it's for drug use but as to what one

I imagine there are New Yorkers that would consider the wild west starts around about Ohio.

New Jersey, actually:newyorkview.jpg

This reminds me of a friend who insisted, in the UK, that 'the North' was everything outside of a small bubble encompassing Kent and Greater London.

• Like 1

Why do Brummies call an off licence 'the outdoor'?

Off licence sales from pubs used to take place from the 'outdoor department' (also called other things like the 'Jug and Bottle', I gather).

It was mostly (always, perhaps?) a room with a small hatch or window opening to the bar but separate from the rest of the pub (sometimes the hatch was on the outer wall of the building opening up directly on to the street - I seem to remember one or two pubs in Stourport like that).

Edit: At least that's what I think/recall.

I recall the outdoor, down the bottom of my Nan's had a proper beer pump on the counter. The same old bloke used to stand in there every night, drinking Brew XI. 

I've lived in Birmingham for almost 30 years and I have never heard an off licence called "The outdoor"

Nor did I, so I spoke to my father in law and my old man, and they both went "oh yea, what about them?" as if I should know what they're talking about.

I also read about them in Skinners autobiography, he used to take a mini barrel into his local outdoor at 8:00 in the morning and had his morning barrel of sherry to start the day.

Edited by lapal_fan

Off licence sales from pubs used to take place from the 'outdoor department' (also called other things like the 'Jug and Bottle', I gather).

It was mostly (always, perhaps?) a room with a small hatch or window opening to the bar but separate from the rest of the pub (sometimes the hatch was on the outer wall of the building opening up directly on to the street - I seem to remember one or two pubs in Stourport like that).

I recall the outdoor, down the bottom of my Nan's had a proper beer pump on the counter. The same old bloke used to stand in there every night, drinking Brew XI.

I've lived in Birmingham for almost 30 years and I have never heard an off licence called "The outdoor"

Really? It's all I've ever known tbh. Only other thing I've ever called it is the offy. But to me its the outdoor. Never known why though. Until now obviously.

We used to have a couple of barrels of sherry at the hatch that lead out to the lane (I worked in an offy) and old ladies would rock up with their own jug or bottle and I'd have to turn the little lever on the barrel for them to get their sherry fix.

Back then I thought it had to be some sort of scam, but it was just some old dears didn't think it was 'right' to be seen going in or out of an off licence (so they'd happily stand out in the lane with a jug instead!).

Really? It's all I've ever known tbh. Only other thing I've ever called it is the offy. But to me its the outdoor. Never known why though. Until now obviously.

Really.

I wouldn't have a clue what anyone was talking about if they told me they were going to the outdoor.

Offy is the only thing I@ve ever called it (apart from just saying "off licence")

Edited by Stevo985

Â