Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

so who is Timothy Abraham, and how reliable is his comment that Mark Hughes has quit has Fulham manager?

And people journalists twist things!!!!!!!

What I actually said: Just spoke to #FFC about rumours that Mark Hughes has stepped down. Was told: "Not our policy to comment on speculation." #AVFC #straightbat

I've had very few dealings with Fulham so wouldn't speak to me off the record about it either.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Hughes as manager is about right for the club and where we are a mid to upper mid table club trying to break into the top 6 again

Ancelotti for me would be a sign of ambition of appointing a manager at a level above our current level as a club

Please let it be Ancelotti with Wilkins as his assistant.

And regarding Hughes, my mate in london is doing the plumping at his massive new house he has just bought. He is currently spending alot of money on this house. Doesnt mean anything but would someone be doing that if they were leaving, obviously things change and im sure he is not short of cash but still..

I hope for Ancelotti, what a record, one of the biggest manager names in football, would be a coup!

He must have a few bob if he can afford someone to plump his pillows for him. Expensive business, plumping ;)

Carlo Ancelotti

Juventus

Intertoto Cup: 1

Milan

Serie A: 1

Coppa Italia: 1

Supercoppa Italiana: 1

UEFA Champions League: 2

2003, 2007

UEFA Super Cup: 2

2003, 2007

FIFA Club World Cup: 1

Chelsea

Premier League: 1

2009–10

FA Cup: 1

Community Shield: 1

Mark Hughes

Sweet F.A.

No real arguement here is there?

If we get Sparky, I'll back him because I think he's a capable pair of hands a safe option but if the club want to show ambition and get the good vibes around the place again, there is only one choice.

Yep, and that shows when he guides us to 6th next season, and a job comes up in the Champions League, he will no doubt be off to manage them.

So who has Ancellotti signed then guys help!!!!

If you're referring to his time at CFC, then surely he was only ever going to coach Abramovich purchased players in the main...

Quick question: Can you see Ancelotti staying with us for 5 years?

Can you see Hughes?

In my opinion Hughes is for the long haul, and Ancelotti would be a short term measure. Although, Ancelotti would show more ambition.

Quick question: Can you see Ancelotti staying with us for 5 years?

Can you see Hughes?

In my opinion Hughes is for the long haul, and Ancelotti would be a short term measure. Although, Ancelotti would show more ambition.

someone like ancelotti is the sensible choice

AFTER hughes has built something up over the next few years

I see the Birmingham Mail are saying that Ancellotti is the deal this morning. I wonder how true that is. What a wonderful swoop if we have him as manager.

Quote"Aston Villa fans have reacted in a positive manner to news that the club are keen on former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Our Man At The Villa broke the story this morning after earlier in the week bringing the news that the club would be parting company with Gerard Houllier Unquote

We can dream.

The Bham Mail headline suggests Ancelotti, but when you read the detail of the article all it says is that Acelotti MAY BE put on the SHORTLIST.

what a total non-story.

How do you know this SteakChips, Hughes has proven he does look around for players. Samba, Santa Cruz, Dembele.

Shaun Wright Phillips, Santa Cruz (second time), Wayne Bridge......

Hughes would be a very, very average appointment and hardly one that would help keep the better players we have at the club.

Please Please not Hughes Can't stand his constant whinging and moaning. Never got anything constructive to say unless its to go into detail about how crap the officials are. Totally unproven for me. Had an ok spell at Blackburn playing shit football and just getting his team to kick **** out of everyone. Man City saw him for his limitations and soon bombed him out. Leaving him at Fulham which is about his limit.

We need to appoint a manager that will make players and supporters sit up and take note - It has to be Ancelloti or as much as it pains me the fat Spannish waiter.

If we got Ancelotti and he brings in Wilkins too can we all refer to him as Butch Wilkins, as he was known in his playing days.

Who the f*ck ends up with a nick name of Butch??

We need to appoint a manager that will make players and supporters sit up and take note - It has to be Ancelloti or as much as it pains me the fat Spannish waiter.

If it were people to stand up and laugh then certainly Benitez is the choice. He has completely lost the plot as manager.

Please Please not Hughes Can't stand his constant whinging and moaning. Never got anything constructive to say unless its to go into detail about how crap the officials are. Totally unproven for me. Had an ok spell at Blackburn playing shit football and just getting his team to kick **** out of everyone. Man City saw him for his limitations and soon bombed him out. Leaving him at Fulham which is about his limit.

totally disagree. Hughes as my first choice.

Its not going to be Ancelotti or Benitez anyway, so no point even discussing them.

Never been a fan of butch either as a player or a totally biased Chelsea spundit.......but he seems to be a good coach.

TimothyAbraham has just tweeted -

"Just spoke to #FFC about rumours that Mark Hughes has stepped down. Was told: "Not our policy to comment on speculation."

Rumours of Rafa Benitez being at Birmingham Airport! Saying that their could easily be a few lookalikes of him.

doubt he'd be at the airport

sure he still lives in liverpool

Rumours of Rafa Benitez being at Birmingham Airport! Saying that their could easily be a few lookalikes of him.

:lol:

where's the rumour coming from?

or are you starting the rumour? :winkold: