Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love it if we got Benitez.

It would be a massive coup for the club if we got him here. I just think he is a little out of our league.

I really don’t think any Villa fan could have a serious objection to his appointment.

Some on here didnt want Ancelotti!!!

Seriously there are some right head the balls on here pal!!! :)

Must be me then.

I am not doubting Benitez's achievements as nobody can take them away from him. I'm more concerned about what he did in the last two years of management.

1) Don't like the smarmy git

2) Lost the plot totally towards the end at Plop

3) Shit and got sacked in Italy

4) won the ECL with GH team

5) Had his best time with a number 2 he pissed off to the extent he left.....end it went downhill from there

6) Eventried to get him back but failed, he realised it was a mistake.

7) Still don't like him!

Oh look. More ill-informed, poorly-researched nonsense.

1) Don't like the smarmy git - it's not about who you wants as your mate as i've said dozens of times already. It's my opinion so thats it!

2) Lost the plot totally towards the end at Plop - the board were a nightmare liverpool fan's still love him.They can have him then

3) Shit and got sacked in Italy - didn't have hardly any time but still won 2 cups. Look up what a winner is.Still don't alter my opinion as in that case Wallybrolley is a winner

4) won the ECL with GH team - Still had to win regardless of who's team it was.But not his

5) Had his best time with a number 2 he pissed off to the extent he left.....end it went downhill from there. - Nobody's perfect we don't know what happened there No you don't either

6) Eventried to get him back but failed, he realised it was a mistake.- see above

7) Still don't like him! see above - see number 1

Moyes or Hughes for me

I tell you what I have never seen so many rediculous posts in one thread, ive just been listening to talksport on the way home and the guy on there summed it up,

any avfc fan who thinks we are going to attract ancelotti, deschamps, rijkaard etc is bark raving mad, either that or your living in the past. I mean come on, we are NOT a top 6 team now, we got close under Oneil and we could not make the next step.

It really annoys me at this club how many fickle fans we have, they are exactly the ones who dont give a single manager 2 weeks let alone 2 years at our club and ultimately that is our down fall... In one way I hope McClaren gets the job so these fickle fans that want to hand in there season ticket can because there the type we dont need in the ground creating an atmosphere so shit that no one would want to stay around... rant over :D

On to relistic matters, its going to be one of the following four more than likely so I suggest we start looking at the positives in these guys maybe?;

Hughes

Martinez

McClaren

Coyle

theres an outside chance it might be Moyes or Benitez or possibly even someone else we havnt though of.. but comeon, lets be a bit more realistic guys..

I would love it if we got Benitez.

It would be a massive coup for the club if we got him here. I just think he is a little out of our league.

I really don’t think any Villa fan could have a serious objection to his appointment.

I think probably over 50% of Villa fans would.

Can we not start the poll again without Ancalotti included. I'd like to see how may votes Rafa would get even if the only other option was put a monkey in a suit (and not I dont mean Peter Reid).

5) Had his best time with a number 2 he pissed off to the extent he left.....end it went downhill from there

7) Still don't like him!

And the last thing I need is a lecture off you!

7) Still don't like him!

And the last thing I need is a lecture off you!

At least four of the above points are either factually incorrect or highly debatable.

Hate the guy, by all means. But at least hate him accurately.

7) Still don't like him!

Only a fool would seriously consider any of the above a genuine reason to not appoint a manager of Bentiez ability at Villa Park!

It’s absolutely f**kin ridiculous.

Well id say theres at least 5 points there, taking out the two about not liking him. And to be honest I dont like him either so lets just call it 7 :lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would be excited by Coyle or Martinez personally. Probably the two most inexperienced, certainly at this level, but it doesn't seem to have harmed Guardiola. I think both of them try to play football in the right way and have done good jobs at their respective clubs (given resources etc.). They could both be here long term and build something special (hopefully).

McClown would be my worst nightmare. Can't see any positives except listening to him speak with a Brummie accent after a few months could be quite funny I suppose.

Hughes. Okay but not inspiring. He has a drab personality and seems a bit petty to me.

Maybe we should try for Giggsy as player manager - part ex with Ash. On second thoughts he would probably get homesick. I have heard that, whilst he is happy in Manchester, he does Miss Wales occasionally! :crylaugh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would be excited by Coyle or Martinez personally. Probably the two most inexperienced, certainly at this level, but it doesn't seem to have harmed Guardiola. I think both of them try to play football in the right way and have done good jobs at their respective clubs (given resources etc.). They could both be here long term and build something special (hopefully).

McLaren would be my worst nightmare. Can't see any positives except listening to him speak with a Brummie accent after a few months could be quite funny I suppose.

Hughes. Okay but not inspiring. He has a drab personality and seems a bit petty to me.

Maybe we should try for Giggsy as player manager - part ex with Ash. On second thoughts he would probably get homesick. I have heard that, whilst he is happy in Manchester, he does Miss Wales occasionally! :crylaugh:

I think Hughes would be described as the safe bet, Benitez as the ambitious and martinez and coyle as the gamble, and mclaren as the controversial because so many fans dislike him for one reason or another

Rafa was a failure at plop. He's never impressed me at all.

I 100% agree. Winning the Champions League and finishing 2nd in the Premier League is a complet fail. :bang:

Never even looked like he could ever win the Prem. Champions league was a blip, lots of average managers have won that, if your at the right club, it's not a massive feat.