Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

astonvillalife Aston Villa Life

@ @mjhall39 just had message. Friends with a lot of people at be club including most of the players. Also work with Acorns #avfc

Wtf does that mean?

He is a guy on twitter who works for the Express and apparently from what he just said; he has contacts with Villa. Including the players. And works for Acorns also. Seems to believe that the Ancelotti stories have real substance to them.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ @mjhall39 just had message. Friends with a lot of people at be club including most of the players. Also work with Acorns #avfc

Wtf does that mean?

It was in reply to someone following him on Twitter who was asking about his sources.

10 seconds in, I want to see that sort of eyebrow movement.

That's amazing. He should defo be the next manager! Who needs good english when you can move your eye brows like that. :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold: :winkold:

Ancelotti now 4/6 favourite at Victor Chandler!

Betting prices have absolutely no relevance in these situations. All they are doing is reacting heavily to small bets being put on. If Hughes was odds on at one point, and then I put £500 on Ancelotti you would see Hughes move out and Ancelotti move to evens or better...

I don't think that there is much going on at 10.30 at night in the Lerner, Hughes or Ancelotti households... in fact they are probably all watching TV and you are there refreshing various bookies thinking they are about to sign on the dotted line.

Makes it exciting nonetheless, and believe me I am not sitting their refreshing the betting pages and am not expecting a manager is about to sign on the dotted line.....

Am I the only one who doesn't think that an Ancelotti appointment doesn't mean great deal at the moment. He had money and an already decent team at Chelsea so couldn't do much but look successful. even Avram Grant was a post away from winning the Champions League. Can Ancelotti do it at a club like Villa? Where he can't sign just anyone? he's as untested as a Paul Lambert on this regard and for that reason I'd be fairly sceptical if he were appointed.

key quotes from last week......

Ancelotti said: "I would coach West Ham - why not? It's a challenge to manage a team in the Championship.

"The atmosphere at West Ham is amazing. It doesn't matter if you manage a top team or a smaller team.

"It's more important to work. I was happy to train in the second division when I was learning."

i think hes getting the villa job

If this Ancelotti furore is just a stupid smokescreen to hide the truth that MH has indeed been tapped up .........well, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the club for my premature ageing!I

Am I the only one who doesn't think that an Ancelotti appointment doesn't mean great deal at the moment. He had money and an already decent team at Chelsea so couldn't do much but look successful. even Avram Grant was a post away from winning the Champions League. Can Ancelotti do it at a club like Villa? Where he can't sign just anyone? he's as untested as a Paul Lambert on this regard and for that reason I'd be fairly sceptical if he were appointed.

Put it this way, if Ancelotti signs tomorrow I'm going to have to spend the rest of the day in the office with shit in my pants.

Then I'm going to have to endure a train journey to Birmingham with said shit in my pants as there wont be any time to go to the shops and get new pants.

Its going to be a messy day.

What? And does this 'astonvillalife' actually have contacts?

2nd on the "What?" its not even legible.

I have no idea what he is trying to say, something about friends and acorns...

Hes justifying his previous post. Have followed him on twitter and someone has asked him how he knows his information:

Friends with a lot of people at be club including most of the players. Also work with Acorns

Is his response.

As a sport journalist for a well known organisation I can confirm I have no idea who our manager will be.

But I do know that the best person to listen to is Pat Murphy, he is always right and as that is the case for now we can rule out Hughes. He is suggesting Moyes could be under consideration despite being under contract but also admits he has no clue who the number one target is as the club won't tell him. No second guessing from Murphy, just hard facts.

http://bbc.in/m0tb0S

Also big credit must go to Mat Kendrick, he is definitely another one to keep an eye on.

The rest are all just speculating.

Anyway for the record, Moyes or Ancelotti and I'm happy!

Will update you with my professional opinion on media speculation as it happens.

Ancelotti would be a huge statement of intent.

And let's look at it from a player's point of view... who would you rather play for, Carlo Ancelotti... or Paul Lambert?

Ancelotti now 4/6 favourite at Victor Chandler!

Betting prices have absolutely no relevance in these situations. All they are doing is reacting heavily to small bets being put on. If Hughes was odds on at one point, and then I put £500 on Ancelotti you would see Hughes move out and Ancelotti move to evens or better...

I don't think that there is much going on at 10.30 at night in the Lerner, Hughes or Ancelotti households... in fact they are probably all watching TV and you are there refreshing various bookies thinking they are about to sign on the dotted line.

It could also be leaks cming from the day's events. Ancelotti comes home at 5pm, tells his wife over dinner he is going to be the new Villa manager... 7pm Wife's mother does her nightly phone call to her daughter and it just comes up in the conversation.. 8pm Wifes mother mentions it to her hubby whilst he dozes in the armchair.. 9pm he decides to go have a quick jar or 2 in his local and jut brings it up in converstation.. 10pm Victor Chandler has caught on, hence the massive change in the odds.. :winkold:

2nd on the "What?" its not even legible.

I have no idea what he is trying to say, something about friends and acorns...

Hes justifying his previous post. Have followed him on twitter and someone has asked him how he knows his information:

Friends with a lot of people at be club including most of the players. Also work with Acorns

Is his response.

Makes more sense now :thumb: