Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would Hughes resign today though ?

1.He has been told off the record that the villa job is his should he wish to apply

2.He was pissed off with Fulham - and the timing of his resignation is just coincidence

3.He knows another vacancy will occur - possibly as a result of villa recruiting a manager at another club.

Only 1 makes any sense to me.

So long as it is not Mclaren or Rafa thats ok by me

4. Chelsea want him as manager.

5. Chelsea want Redknapp as manager and Spurs want Hughes as replacement (=smetrov option 3)

Villa say they have an open mind about filling their vacancy. Speculation that Carlo Ancelotti is among their leading candidates is wide of the mark, however. The former Chelsea manager has not received any contact from Villa and he is known to have no interest in the position. Ancelotti, according to sources close to the Italian, is holding out for a club that can offer Champions League football. Roberto Martínez, the Wigan Athletic manager, has, however, emerged as an outsider for the Villa post.

Its not Hughes.

Moyes wont leave Everton.

Its not Benitez.

It maybe;

Deschamps

Ancelotti

Jol

Would love any of of them..But Deschamps is still the guy I think is best suited for our club..

I reckon Randy might be wary of another overseas manager - even more so another frenchman - besides he fails the pre req of premier league experience.

We haven't heard GMAC say Houllier will be back for a few hours !

They liked Houllier..Its only his health thats stopped him carrying on..The results in training, fitness, wages were all looking ok.. Deschamps is a manager they would consider..Watch this space because it aint over yet by a long way..

Would take any of; Deschamps, Jol, Ancelotti, Rijkaard and they are ALL gettable...

Villa say they have an open mind about filling their vacancy. Speculation that Carlo Ancelotti is among their leading candidates is wide of the mark, however. The former Chelsea manager has not received any contact from Villa and he is known to have no interest in the position. Ancelotti, according to sources close to the Italian, is holding out for a club that can offer Champions League football. Roberto Martínez, the Wigan Athletic manager, has, however, emerged as an outsider for the Villa post.

Source

What I want to know is:

How can Kevin MacDonald and Alan Curbishley get onto the shortlist and be interviewed last time around

But Mark Hughes can't even get onto the shortlist this summer?

Mark Hughes is clearly better than Kevin Mac and Curbs

If it's true that we're not interested in Hughes, then it's very dissapointing news.

Still can't see past Hughes. Just don't believe he'd leave fulham with nothing lined up. Would still love ancelotti and hope the rumours he's turned us down aren't true.

I'm getting worried that it will be mclaren or rafa

What I want to know is:

How can Kevin MacDonald and Alan Curbishley get onto the shortlist and be interviewed last time around

But Mark Hughes can't even get onto the shortlist this summer?

Mark Hughes is clearly better than Kevin Mac and Curbs

If it's true that we're not interested in Hughes, then it's very dissapointing news.

It seems Lerner is not happy with him quitting Fulham as it shows the a lack of loyalty.

This is from the guardian - and if you read the full article it makes depressing reading - basically the ways Hughes left Fulham has turned villa totally off hughes - ok if you didn't want him fair enough - but this may indicate that villa are still on the moral no poaching kick. - which is Feckin ridiculous - in 48 hours we have turned a highly desirable job into one that people are lining up to decline

Moyes

Ancellotti

to me Hughes was the safe bet - if the board have cast him aside for Rafa or Mclaren heaven help us