Emile Heskey

R.Bear

one of the worst signings in the history of the premier league

when we were chugging along nicely, just needing goals to add to everything, we go and buy him and then change the whole style of play to suit him, followed by a disastrous run of form and kissing goodbye to our shot at the big time

seems to be a nice guy, and certainly isn't the worst player ever to play in the league, or for us, but in terms of transfers i cant think of any that were more destructive for a club

one of the worst signings in the history of the premier league

when we were chugging along nicely, just needing goals to add to everything, we go and buy him and then change the whole style of play to suit him, followed by a disastrous run of form and kissing goodbye to our shot at the big time

seems to be a nice guy, and certainly isn't the worst player ever to play in the league, or for us, but in terms of transfers i cant think of any that were more destructive for a club

Agree with everything here, seems like a nice person, but as a footballer he is just not good enough. January 2009 arguably the most important transfer window in the clubs history, negative effects of that transfer are still being felt now. Only 2 good seasons in his whole career.

**** you Martin O'Neill for signing this guy for Villa, absolute useless for contract he gets

Dont even think he touched the ball today. worst part was we had an attack and he fell on ground so couldnt join in

**** you Martin O'Neill for signing this guy for Villa, absolute useless for contract he gets

Dont even think he touched the ball today. worst part was we had an attack and he fell on ground so couldnt join in

wouldn't be so bad if it was just one, but we had Harewood too.

**** me they must see us coming.

somebody at B6 must have run over a Black Cat.....bet I know which Black Cat they would like to run over now.

Biggest mistake of the O'Neill Era, at the time we had Gabby playing as a lone front man and doing a good job of it, so it was proven that we didn't need a target man as Gabby had been bulking up and we still have two monsters like Carew and Harewood.

He's signs Heskey and it takes all momentum away from the club, even started to create ill feeling from the fans. Where as dare i say it we sign Benty that January and who knows what would have happened.

If I remember rightly, we changed the whole setup of the team to fit him in. I'm sure we were playing a 4-5-1 which was turning into a 4-3-3 when we had the ball and had us champions league bound. Heskey turns up, we go 4-4-2, we drop like a stone.

Â