General Chat

maqroll

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great picture!

You'll never see anything like that youth team again.

Back in the day I'd have taken Giggs (although I was too young back then) but given the choice now it would be hard to choose between Giggs and Scholes and possibly even Beckham.

Did Southampton end up keeping that hilarious statue they put up a few years back?

:lol:

They had to take it down cos the supporters complained so much, but they put up a replacement soon after.

Still, worth having a chuckle again at the original...

50bates.452024.full.jpg

Oh, and if you could have taken one of those players back in 1993 and had them down the Villa, which one would it have been? I'd go with Scholes.

Phil Neville, deffo :winkold:

ivan de la pena has retired

a very underrated player :(

Yep, partly because he was quite a late developer amongst what were (at his stage in development) much better players @ Barca. Came into his own later in his career as the driving force in Espanyol's midfield.

just caught literally 30 seconds of TS, keys and gray were talking to some posh bloke im assuming about fifa, he said that fifa are good at making pointless decisions that have very little impact on the game, such as the back pass rule

couldnt help but think that i disagreed, not about the pointless decisions comment but about the significance of the back pass rule, whilst IMO its pretty obvious that it wasnt exactly an earth shattering cock on the block decision and couldnt have cost millions and been particulary hard to implement

every time i watch old games (and by that i mean us vs bayern) i cant help but think that a simple thing made an absolutely huge difference, maybe its an age thing i was 8 when it got introduced

This just in: TalkSport deliberately take "controversial" stances on topics in order to build an audience.

5U8BN.png

Something you disagree with? Post it on a forum so other people listen, or phone in at only £1 a minute. Problem?

So Guardiola manages Barcelona for another year, takes a year out then returns to manage Qatar for £35 million a year? All after Barca get a new sponser from the same country and all around the same time of Qatar's dodgy buisness regarding the World Cup?

What on earth is going on in football...?

So Guardiola manages Barcelona for another year, takes a year out then returns to manage Qatar for £35 million a year? All after Barca get a new sponser from the same country and all around the same time of Qatar's dodgy buisness regarding the World Cup?

What on earth is going on in football...?

All kneel and worship at the church of the holy dollar.

Giuseppe Signori has been arrested by Italian police for his involvement in a match fixing ring. Match fixing in Italy, who'd have thunk it?

Giuseppe Signori has been arrested by Italian police for his involvement in a match fixing ring. Match fixing in Italy, who'd have thunk it?

How do you say preposterous in Italian? Hold on, I have an app for that :)