General Chat

maqroll

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U21 game is on in half an hour.

Unbelievably Albrighton isn't starting. Pearce the idiot he is continues to pick his favourite Danny Rose who has been dreadful every time he's played for England.

You can tell he learns off Capello the site has absolutely no creativity apart from Henderson and maybe Sturridge.

Real Madrid vs Bayern Legends game is brilliant to watch and very ncie to see brilliant players of the past especially Redondo on the pitch.

Also nice to see Ruben De La Red back after medical issues

Marvin Martin makes it 2-1 for France..

he is a great player.. they call him the little "Little Xavi", debut goal for him for France.. 17 assists this season for Sochaux (top assister in Ligue 1)

edit : 3-1 Kaboul (debut goal again)

Correct decision though. If you cant guarantee that you are able to complete your fixtures for the season then you should be expelled from the league.

Clubs cant continue to write cheques they cannot afford to have cashed and hope to avoid punishment because "its unfair on the fans". I presume this means the end for Rushden & Diamonds as a club though.

Derby?! They're like 150 miles apart! :lol:

You have to take into account the sheer size of the USA and Canada. Houston and Dallas, for instance, are 250 miles away from each other, while Salt Lake and the Colorado Rapids are a good 500+! Also, since the sport isn't as big here, there's rarely the financial potential to motivate MLS to permit two franchises in the same general area, so the fans have to make do with whoever happens to be closest.

And in different countries!

(but yes, in a country which is more than 3000 miles from coast to coast, Vancouver vs Seattle is a local derby)

*edit*

Why did I just spend half an hour making this? :oops:

1RB5n.png

Most of those crests are an abomination. Look at Columbus...I can't believe they still use that **** thing. What a joke. The Revolution "badge' is the result of a graphic designer's bad acid trip...And the Chicago Fire's "Firefighter" badge....wtf....so awful I can't bear to look at it

You have to take into account the sheer size of the USA and Canada. Houston and Dallas, for instance, are 250 miles away from each other, while Salt Lake and the Colorado Rapids are a good 500+! Also, since the sport isn't as big here, there's rarely the financial potential to motivate MLS to permit two franchises in the same general area, so the fans have to make do with whoever happens to be closest.

I'd need one of Levi's graphs or charts to confirm this suspicion, but I think the average European country is equal in geographical size to the average US state....which makes "derby" matches in the US impotent. Too much distance, and just not enough history or hatred.

England is about the same size as Mississippi, which is the 32nd biggest state in the USA.

8zYQx.gif

The UK (England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland) is about the same size as Michigan, the 11th biggest state in the USA.

k5Bi5.gif

The USA is **** massive. I dont think people over here appreciate just how big it is.

au_usa.jpg

Australia fits inside the USA.

oUKRW.gif

Europe fits inside Australia.

And that is without including Alaska, which is easily the biggest state in the USA:

BcQUL.jpg

Alaska is significantly larger than South Africa, and anybody who watched the World Cup last year will know the distances involved travelling between matches. I think England's average journey between games was about 1000 miles. It's about the same distance from London to Boston, MA as it is from Seattle to Miami.

America is really really really really really big.

SSN reporting river plate are on the brink of relegation! Can't get the league up on my phone to see what onthe brink actually looks like but that would e crazy, I knew the boca/river dominance had ended but I didn't know river had slipped that far

SSN reporting river plate are on the brink of relegation! Can't get the league up on my phone to see what onthe brink actually looks like but that would e crazy, I knew the boca/river dominance had ended but I didn't know river had slipped that far

relegation play-off vs Belgrano in next few weeks.

They have complicated relegation system were you get relegated for average points for the last 3 years and lowest goes down which tells you they have been struggling for a good while