dudevillaisnice

On 02/10/2017 at 17:34, TrentVilla said:

It’s gone a bit wrong at the moment but Koeman’s a good manager in my view so wouldn’t be surprise to see them climb the table if they stick with him.

Their opening fixtures were horrific so they were always going to have a slow start.

One thing I can’t help but notice as Koeman gets stick over their transfer activity this summer, everyone seems to have forgotten about Steve Walsh and his role at Everton. 

He was lauded following the success of the signings at Leicester to the point he was seen as being instrumental in their success. Yet when things go wrong at Everton he isn’t mentioned despite having an even greater role there.

If questions are being asked of Koeman then they should be of Walsh also.

I agree with the whole post, but just to add to the bit in bold. 

A club like Everton, for where they are and where they want to be are always going to need to overpay in the market. Without looking at it objectively you could throw about names like Sane, Mane, Kevin De Bruyne etc and say its ridiculous that Everton spent more than those lads on someone like Gylfi Sigurdsson. But at this stage of development Everton are never going to attract those sort of players. 

Throw in the ridiculous prices we've seen in this window, and the fact they brought in £75m for RL and its doesn't seem as ridiculous as first viewing. I'm not saying it was a perfect window, nor that mistakes wearnt made, but all things considered, and the task of gelling so many players together, I'd cut him a bit of slack at this stage. 

A lot of it hinges on who signs the players, if Koeman is just the 'coach' and has little say in player acquisition then it's hard to really blame him too heavily, because they've either signed (a) a load of slow burners or (b) a load of shite. Sigurdsson was never in a million years worth the fee they paid and I think we all knew that Rooney was pretty much finished at this level. They then of course utterly failed to get anywhere near replacing Lukaku. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think the argument is that Everton could have signed somebody like Boudebouz instead of Sigurdsson, for far less money, if they hadn't been so focused on Premier League experience. 

As I said before they signed that exact player for half of money of Glyfi. Davy Klassen.

Dosen't mean they'd be the answer.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As I said before they signed that exact player for half of money of Glyfi. Davy Klassen.

Isn't Klaasen more deep-lying? 

Anyway, yes, of course you're right, there are no guarantees. But somebody else might have failed a lot more cheaply. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Klassen is awful and offers nothing but  different players

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Has Benteke even scored this season. 

He's scored as many as the rest of the Palace team put together in the league ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surely the Father of the Year award has to go to the Everton "fan" who punched a Lyon player while carrying his little child in his other hand.

1b21c163-ee1b-43e6-a5b1-f3c3514b541a?fit=crop&h=300&w=800&s=ca77f2749c5322cf69cd4b1790420748bb32111e

What a f'*****g disgrace of a human being.

I imagine that's the last time his son will ever be at Goodison with his father.  That's very sad when you think of it, and that dickhead only has himself to blame.

• Like 2

And there it is.  He'll regret that moment of madness for a long long time.

Everton ban fan carrying child after clash with Lyon player

Everton have banned the child-carrying supporter involved in a confrontation with a Lyon player during Thursday's Europa League defeat at Goodison Park.

The club have also contacted Merseyside Police, who are investigating.

A barge by Everton's Ashley Williams on Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes sparked a melee behind the goal in which the Everton fan - carrying a small child - appeared to push a Lyon player.

Uefa is awaiting reports from match officials before deciding on action.

"I don't think it is part of the English atmosphere to hit an away player, but it was like this," said Lopes after the game, which Lyon won 2-1.

An Everton statement read: "Club officials have reviewed the footage of an incident where supporters towards the front of the lower Gwladys Street End became involved in a confrontation between players.

"We have identified one individual against whom action will now be taken. This will include a ban from attending future Everton fixtures, and the club registering a formal complaint with Merseyside Police."

Everton were fined £8,837 by Uefa last month, after crowd trouble during the home leg of their Europa League play-off match against Hajduk Split in August.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

I imagine that's the last time his son will ever be at Goodison with his father.  That's very sad when you think of it, and that dickhead only has himself to blame.

On the flip side, great multitasking skills. 

• Like 3

Â