dudevillaisnice

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sigurdsson was very over-priced. Much better value abroad that they should have investigated. 

I'll hold my hands up, I thought they were going to be good. They very much aren't. 

Klassen?

They were hopeless today. Just knocking long balls forward with little though. Ashley Williams had a real shocker, he's been poor all season.

Gana played like he did for us, had about 3 shots twenty yards over the bar.

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Get any decent #9 up there and you'll see their fortunes change. They were silly not to go for Benteke after that influx of cash from Lukaku. Instead they got 3 false 9's and they can't score to save their lives. Whoever's in charge of transfers there needs to get sacked for that.

Isn't it the guy who was the transfer guru at Leicester?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Isnt it the guy that found Vardy, Mahrez and Kante

Sun shines on a dogs arse every now and again. Just look at Graham Carr!

At what point do you start blaming the manager. The Everton fans wanted rid of Martinez but its a bit like us with Oneill. Be careful what you wish for! The football was never as tepid under Martinez. No pace or creativity in their team at all. 

Everton just have a mentality problem I think regardless of who is the manager.

Liverpool can have poor results and seasons and still finish 4th.

Everton can have excellent seasons and finish 6th.

They have that mental block to take that final step like we had in the MON times.

That said their squad has major flaws. They've had better squads in previous years (Moyes) which is incredible for all the money they've spent.

I thought they would kick on. They spent huge money so this is a massive disappointment for them. They could get in financial trouble if they finish somewhere low. Koeman be gone by end of the month I think. Wouldn't be surprised if they went for Wagner 

I would think he'll be sacked in the next day or two. They were shambolic yesterday, and whoever comes in is going to have to a] institute a completely different style of play, b] change formation, c] work out who to play up front and get some confidence into them. 

All of that takes time, and it would be better sorted sooner rather than later. 

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

The end of martinez reign was pretty awful stuff and suffered some humiliating performances

yes like Ranieri at Leicester. When the players stop playing for you that's it but Kooeman has turned them into a tepid football side.  people raved about how they held ten man city to a draw but I though hold on a minute they are playing against 10 men and Koeman's side are playing for a draw., Rooney is the only creative player they have. sigurdsson was ridiculously over priced by any standards. Spurs didn't want him. He did ok at Swansea but that's his level. 

Edited by PaulC

He has, and it might end up being dreaded, but in fairness to the chairman the comments in defence of his manager do make sense.

“We are in a bad moment, but we have played the four title contenders, three away. Today was an unexpected loss. The four pre-qualifying Uefa games and two group games on Thursdays haven’t helped. There is mental and physical fatigue and seven injuries. These are early days and Koeman has my total support. We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down.”

Everton at minimum want Europa league. The premier league is getting tougher and tougher each season. Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Arsenal are all pushing for top 4, but that is 6 teams right there. Those 6 are basically guaranteed to finish in some order in the top 6 spots. Everton basically needs to hope they are better than one of those teams to get a guaranteed Europa league spot, or finish 7th and hope no one wins the FA cup that isn't in a champs or europa spot already. 

Plus then you throw in Stoke, Leicester, Southampton, and West Ham who have been also pushing for those spots in the past few seasons, and it's a very difficult job to get top 7. 

• Like 1

It’s gone a bit wrong at the moment but Koeman’s a good manager in my view so wouldn’t be surprise to see them climb the table if they stick with him.

Their opening fixtures were horrific so they were always going to have a slow start.

One thing I can’t help but notice as Koeman gets stick over their transfer activity this summer, everyone seems to have forgotten about Steve Walsh and his role at Everton. 

He was lauded following the success of the signings at Leicester to the point he was seen as being instrumental in their success. Yet when things go wrong at Everton he isn’t mentioned despite having an even greater role there.

If questions are being asked of Koeman then they should be of Walsh also.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

A lot of new players bought and they aren't going to be relegated so they can afford to give Koeman all of this season to see if he can show them if he's going to be good enough.  

Think their fans expect a good europa league run, will be all but out if they don't get 4 points off Lyon.

Â