dudevillaisnice

Liverpool have Suarez. Everton don't. :P

Nah, I don't consider Liverpool to be title contenders, but I am of the opinion they have a better squad, they also have a manager who's been at the club for an additional year which will provide a bit more stability throughout the season. If Everton get a couple of bad results on the trot who knows how the players will react to Martinez? At least with Liverpool we know they're right behind him. 

Edited by PieFacE

I think Liverpool probably are title contenders, Everton are top 4 contenders. A lot of people wondered how Martinez would do at Everton but to me he did wonders at Wigan and we have already seen an improvement in the way everton play under him.

When are Liverpool not title chasers during the first 10 games of the season?

When they are mid-table. I think this Liverpool side look genuine title chasers in a season where there is no outstanding side.

When are Liverpool not title chasers during the first 10 games of the season?

When they are mid-table. I think this Liverpool side look genuine title chasers in a season where there is no outstanding side.

Im sure you do, as will half of Liverpool till Christmas.

Edited by Nigel

Every team can do well over the first six games, but this is a squad game and neither Everton nor Liverpool will win the league.

Both squads are thin and when their best players are out Liverpool have to rely on players like Robinson, Luis Alberto, Kelly, Aspas and Sterling.

Man City have reserves like Negredo, Jovetic, Richards, Lescott, Javi Garcia, Clichy/Kolarov, Nasri, Milner, Rodwell and so on. Same with Man U and Chelsea.

All of those players generally would have had a big chance of getting into Liverpool's first team.

In May the table will have a huge gap between the best teams and the second-best teams, as usual.

The loss of Fellaini hasn't hurt them too much at all and probably made them more of a team.

Barry in was a great move, He's helped make the Martinez transition look easy, so far.

Edited by Xann

The loss of Fellaini hasn't hurt them too much at all and probably made them more of a team.

Barry in was a great move, He's helped make the Martinez transition look easy, so far.

Yes plus McCarthy and Lukaku then there's the 19 yr old and keeping Baines. I thought we might compete with them this season but they are still some way ahead of us unfortunately.

I think Liverpool probably are title contenders, Everton are top 4 contenders. A lot of people wondered how Martinez would do at Everton but to me he did wonders at Wigan and we have already seen an improvement in the way everton play under him.

This is an example of overreactions. Everton getting top 4 I suppose is possible but Liverpool title? C'mon.

This is an example of overreactions. Everton getting top 4 I suppose is possible but Liverpool title? C'mon.

contenders I didn't say they would win it.

• 2 months later...

anyway for me they could be dark horse if this is an open title race

Now that is funny :)

Looking at the fixture list, Everton are a good chance of being top of the table in the new year and still have only had the one loss.

Who saw this form coming?

EDIT: Just had a quick look at the reactions on this thread a few pages back when Martinez was appointed and it makes for amusing reading :D

Edited by LondonLax

Â