dudevillaisnice

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The bottom 4 are that bad though.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if 30 points was enough to keep you up this season, and they would've probably ended up getting 42-45 before the deduction.

Everton have played 4 of the bottom 5 already and got 4 points from those games.  Obviously their last 3 results have been huge for them, but they're right in the thick of it now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Feels like they've just plucked this points deduction from thin air.

It's basically the same punishment as Everton going into administration. So way I read it Everton manipulated FFP accounts from covid to avoid going into administration (given they've needed cashflow help at times in last 12 months) and so prem have come up with 10 points.

Will surely go down to 4-5 points on appeal.

And if they're getting done with 10 points I look forward to Man. City receiving their 10 000 point deduction in a few years time.....🤔

£19.5m over the allowed FFP losses limit apparently.

Wow.

10 points seems harsh for a relatively small amount over the limit, but:
- They stayed up by the skin of their teeth in both 21-22 & 22-23 and other clubs - who followed the rules - were relegated in their stead.
- Everton will appeal and the deduction could well be reduced to 4/5 pts
- Premier League is trying desperately to show that they can keep their own house in order and Everton have been used as an example of that
- Leeds, Leicester & Burnley are threatening legal action against Everton (and who knows) possibly the Premier League if necessary. So the PL has to be seen to have taken a tough stance.

Also, they're very fortunate that the case was heard this season rather than last. Lucked out that it takes the footballing authorities in this country as long as it does to resolve these matters.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The fact they can take an immediate 10 point hit and still only be 2 points clear of safety should be very reassuring for them. They'll be fine. Sheffield United, Burnley, Luton and Bournemouth are all dog shit.

5 points from Bournemouth?

9 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Part of me is happy because I don't like Everton but it is quite ridiculous that they've been deducted 10 points while City have faced zero consequences.

The City case will take so long, though.  It's murky and will be heavily fought and backed financially.  It'll need to be absolutely watertight for them to face anything.

Everton's case is comparatively simple.

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Feels like they've just plucked this points deduction from thin air.

It's basically the same punishment as Everton going into administration. So way I read it Everton manipulated FFP accounts from covid to avoid going into administration (given they've needed cashflow help at times in last 12 months) and so prem have come up with 10 points.

Will surely go down to 4-5 points on appeal.

And if they're getting done with 10 points I look forward to Man. City receiving their 10 000 point deduction in a few years time.....🤔

Sounds like more than just an FFP breach. Surely that’s fraud?

I hate to admit it but I can see us having to sell a lot of players and reign in the spending in a year or two. FFP really will ensure no teams can crash the party of the elite.   City are one of the big boys now. They’ll be fine.

Their next 4 fixtures (Man Utd at home, Forest away, Newcastle home, Chelsea home) are quite tough. They could well be a few more points adrift by the time they play Burnley in mid-December. On the plus side for them, I'd imagine the atmosphere at Goodison will be rocking the rest of the season as the Premier League has immediately created a real 'us against the world' mentality within Everton's fanbase.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

15 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Their next 4 fixtures (Man Utd at home, Forest away, Newcastle home, Chelsea home) are quite tough. They could well be a few more points adrift by the time they play Burnley in mid-December. On the plus side, I'd imagine the atmosphere at Goodison will be rocking the rest of the season as the Premier League has immediately created a real 'us against the world' mentality within Everton's fanbase.

It will definitely galvanise Everton even more Scousers love a “us against the world” scenario 

• Like 1

It's not just the overspend. It's the fact that they used very creative accountancy to bring it down to that figure when the actual loss is around £336m. Moshiri kicked the club in the balls by saying they had to spend a shitload as the players they had were shite. Well boohoo, spend within the rules. And they admitted that they broke the rules and overspent the losses, so In unsure an appeal will be successful, as they have admitted they broke rules.

But it does set a precedent now. If they get a deduction for this, at least some of the 115 charges against Man City are going to stick, and I'm sure Chelsea will get looked at.

• Like 2

Â