dudevillaisnice

Popped into the pub tonight with my boss to finish up a couple of bits from work and the Everton game was on in the pub. 

I literally only caught about 10mins of the game and it was 2-1 at the time. Very small sample size of course but Everton were all over them. Was this just a little good spell? 

Edited by av1

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Relegation is what they need. Kinda like us. Provided they can survive it financially, they can clear the deadwood, come back up and rebuild. They’re miles off of being a PL team and have so much old overpaid shite in there who aren’t fighting for the club. It’s like looking in a mirror from a few years ago. 

Unless they're taken over, I predict they'll be closer to a Sunderland than a Villa in 3-4 year's time.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We've won more than any team outside the top 8, and almost three times as many as Burnley. Very bizarre season, and we really need to learn how to draw games.

Please explain this concept of “draw” 😂

Edited by nick76

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Unless they're taken over, I predict they'll be closer to a Sunderland than a Villa in 3-4 year's time.

For sure, but the only thing that stopped us being Sunderland was two takeovers in relatively quick succession. 

Where as Lerner managed to shift us to Dr. Tony quickly enough and he (or whoever he was a front for) managed to invest enough to keep us competitive in the Championship...Ellis Short wasn't quite as 'lucky' and Sunderland dropped again immediately, their takeover going through too late. They're a pretty good view of what would've happened had Lerner not sold.

(And more realistically, Bury or Derby show what would've happened had Dr. Tony not sold).

We've gotten very lucky with the timing our takeovers have all happened..it'll be sad to see Everton become Sunderland, they'll need to get very lucky too. 

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Popped into the pub tonight with my boss to finish up a couple of bits from work and the Everton game was on in the pub. 

I literally only caught about 10mins of the game and it was 2-1 at the time. Very small sample size of course but Everton were all over them. Was this just a little good spell? 

Yeah, it swung forwards and backwards all game. Overall there was very little to choose between them other than Burnley scoring three actual goals whereas Everton needed penalties to score anything.

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If I were some corruption loving anti-human rights, sadistic, narcissistic, dangerous and powerful billionaire, I’d take them over in a second. What a perfect club to bring to life. It’d be a bit like Man City. Challenge the Liverpool dominance in Merseyside, lean into the blue red divide. The infrastructure is there, the fan base is there. Seems a perfect opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

If I were some corruption loving anti-human rights, sadistic, narcissistic, dangerous and powerful billionaire, I’d take them over in a second. What a perfect club to bring to life. It’d be a bit like Man City. Challenge the Liverpool dominance in Merseyside, lean into the blue red divide. The infrastructure is there, the fan base is there. Seems a perfect opportunity. 

I think thats what Usmanov did with Moshiri as his puppet and has been a complete failure. Anybody that signs Fabian Delph has no clue about football

• Like 1

Man Utd, Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester their next 5 fixtures. 

Burnley and Watford have far easier run ins. 

They’re in a lot of trouble. Lampard is an absolute joke of a manager

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Man Utd, Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester their next 5 fixtures. 

Burnley and Watford have far easier run ins. 

They’re in a lot of trouble. Lampard is an absolute joke of a manager

Lampard is in way over his head. He has no idea how to organize a defence !!

What were Everton thinking ... They needed a real Manager, not a big name football player with very limited managerial experience.

• Like 1

Not only was lampard qn awful appointment but their whole january transfers must be up there with the worst

Rumoured to be in trouble with financial fair play, then go and sign Dele Alli for £40m. Then van der beek is probably fine, but they go and sign ElGhazi on loan, who just isnt prem quality and was unwanted by the then manager. 

It is actually incredible how badly they have been run the past few seasons, tony Xia'esque

19 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Not only was lampard qn awful appointment but their whole january transfers must be up there with the worst

Rumoured to be in trouble with financial fair play, then go and sign Dele Alli for £40m. Then van der beek is probably fine, but they go and sign ElGhazi on loan, who just isnt prem quality and was unwanted by the then manager. 

It is actually incredible how badly they have been run the past few seasons, tony Xia'esque

I agree with your points but Dele Alli was free, plus £10m after 20 appearances (which was never possible for him to hit this season).

Whilst it hasn't worked, I can still see why that deal got done

19 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree with your points but Dele Alli was free, plus £10m after 20 appearances (which was never possible for him to hit this season).

Whilst it hasn't worked, I can still see why that deal got done

I guess that's what I get for only reading headlines :P

The transfer fee doesn't seem that bad then :) Still a horrific month. 

8 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

We need to be careful and make sure we are not doing what Everton did 2 or 3 years ago right now.

Fire manager..new manager decides current players can't play his way..sells whole team, buys new one. Costs skyrocket. 

I can imagine Bailey, Ings, Luiz, Watkins, Traore, Sanson possibly even Buendia are on the chopping block.

Cant keep doing this every other season. It's what teams with short sighted poor recruitment do.

It was us before. It's Everton now.

Let's not repeat history.

Visionary level stuff this, Flaps.

Â