dudevillaisnice

30 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

They haven't payed anything for Dele Alli unless he regains form. This 40 mill is total pie in the sky. 

I imagine he will regain some form initially then fade away. And end up paying 10 Mill max for him. 

Yeah it looks like it was just a way to get around not being able to loan in another player. 

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

Dele Alli turned up to his first training session in a Rolls Royce :lol: 

I don’t know why that’s so wrong but just seems a really silly and naive thing to do.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that dressing room 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Isn't this just TalkSport/The Sun level drama?   I see a lot of players turn up to training in nice cars, but if they haven't played well for a while are they supposed to go to training on the bus or something?  

Yeah, it’s Rolls Royce or a bus :lol: 

Even a Range Rover is a bit more understated than a custom Matt black Rolls Royce.

Its up to him I suppose. It doesn’t quite send out the right message for someone heavily criticised for lacking effort and desire who’s been given another chance to prove he’s worth the major investment.

• Like 1

A £300k Rolls Royce and a guy who is being sent from Spurs to Everton... Maybe it is reading too much in to it, I don't agree with the Everton is a working class club stuff because those days are long gone but it does have a bit of Billy big bollocks better than you lot kind of feel to it, then again those days are gone too, most Everton players could have one if they really wanted one 

Its a bit Jamie Tartt

• Like 1

Bit of a nothing story, but I wouldn't rock up in RayBans and a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt on my first dress down Friday in a new job. 

I think that's as close of a comparison to us mere mortals as one could imagine. 

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Dele Alli turned up to his first training session in a Rolls Royce :lol: 

I don’t know why that’s so wrong but just seems a really silly and naive thing to do.

2 weeks wages to buy that car.   It's just pocket change to him and most Premier League footballers.  

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Andre Gomes and DCL go to work in Skoda Fabias. That's a fact.

Gomes could make it work though, the handsome devil. 

• Like 1

I think the RR is the perfect footballers car. Its very nice but not OTT. Under the radar almost. 

In my imaginary world when i'm a footballer, I wouldn't turn up in a Rolls on my first day at a new club after my career had stagnated. A Rolls for a younger player is a bit of a bellend car anyway. 

Just IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think the RR is the perfect footballers car. Its very nice but not OTT. Under the radar almost. 

In my imaginary world when i'm a footballer, I wouldn't turn up in a Rolls on my first day at a new club after my career had stagnated. A Rolls for a younger player is a bit of a bellend car anyway. 

Just IMO. 

I agree. Should be a Lambo or Bugatti or McLaren for first day work car.

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Or a Bentley or a Land Rover or a top of the range German motor 

Trying to put it back in to the real world I'm in construction, there were a lot of guys in senior management who earned a lot of money, the guy who trained me had a M4, my director had a fully kitted RS5... They didn't drive them on to site...the one had a mini the other had a Ford pick up truck, even though everyone knew it they didn't show it at work where they knew the disparity existed 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Just IMO. 

Just to clarify, when I said RR in my first sentence I meant Range Rover. Not Rolls Royce! 

41 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think if you are smashing it, fine. Like Beckham when he was at Man Utd. Loads of flash cars.

When you've been shit for years, a bit more humility might be better. Although most footballers aren't known for that! 

On 01/02/2022 at 09:53, El Segundo said:

Is Lampard really that bad a manager?   He did better at Derby than those who came before and after him, and was judged at Chelsea in comparison to elite managers who came before and after him.  Ok Chelsea were in 9th when they fired him and they'd overspent on the likes of Werner but he gave more chances to the likes of Mount, James and Abraham,  some of whom are now established first choices or have been sold for hefty fees.  Up to a few months ago Arsenal were much lower than 9th and everyone was saying Arteta was a shit manager but that tune seems to have changed.  I think it's a risk for Everton but by no means a foregone conclusion that he will fail.      

i actually think he did ok at Chelsea considering the transfer embargo's etc, and he blooded young players quite a bit there.

However, with regard to Derby, i think people quickly forget that he had some high quality players for Championship level, such as:

• Mount (Chelsea)
  • Tomori (AC Milan)
  • Wilson (Bournmouth, but is one of those players not good enough for the PL, but very good at Champ level)
  • Cole (over 9000 years old, but very experienced)
  • Bogle (signed by Sheff Utd when they were in the Prem)
  • Huddleston (not amazing, but ex Prem player with 144 PL appearances under his belt, and was decent for Champ level)

So although he did well at Derby, i think he had a better squad than many think! (a bit like us - all credit to Smith, but we had Mings, Tuanzebe, McGinn, Grealish & Abraham in the promotion team.......kinda puts it in to perspective tbh)

Â