dudevillaisnice

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

Had a shed load of money at derby and didnt do much and he was awful as Chelsea manager given the resources he had. 

I thought he did well at Derby - got to the play-off final in his only season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He didn't spend a penny at Derby  and relied on sell to buy and admittedly good loonies

He spent 5 million on Waghorn and 3 million up to 5 million on Marriott

Not to mention he had Tomori, Mount on loan who have had good careers

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He spent 5 million on Waghorn and 3 million up to 5 million on Marriott

Not to mention he had Tomori, Mount on loan who have had good careers

He also sold Vydra. I'm not doubting he had some great loans. Be interesting how much they were being paid by Derby directly...but let's be honest he lost a play off final to a club that had at points in the season spent 70k a week on Bolasie.

got the Chelsea gig to appease the fans cause all their targets turned them down that summer ( due to the transfer ban) 

I'm lead to believe , his biggest problem at Chelsea , one  that played a big part in him losing his job , was Jody Morris , who doesn't appear to be going with him to Everton  , so maybe that will improve his chances of success ! 

Based on their Wimbledon style approach v us the other week , he's got a huge task ahead of him 

11 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

35-40m on Dele Alli, they've been conned. 

it wouldnt be anywhere near that.

But tbh, whatever the price is, signing Dele Alli on stupid wages, regardless of transfer cost, is exactly the type of bantz move Everton would make.

I wouldnt touch the guy with a barge pole.

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

got the Chelsea gig to appease the fans cause all their targets turned them down that summer ( due to the transfer ban) 

I'm lead to believe , his biggest problem at Chelsea , one  that played a big part in him losing his job , was Jody Morris , who doesn't appear to be going with him to Everton  , so maybe that will improve his chances of success ! 

Based on their Wimbledon style approach v us the other week , he's got a huge task ahead of him 

yeah their long ball tactics were something to behold.

Burnley were probably watching them and stroking one off at it.

I havent seen play that route one, every minute of a half since....well.....i cant remember, it was proper anti football on the next level.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

But tbh, whatever the price is, signing Dele Alli on stupid wages, regardless of transfer cost, is exactly the type of bantz move Everton would make.

Thing is Levy sets high prices at the best of times. He knows Everton are desperate so will rinse them.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

More shocked they didnt re-sign Barkley

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Thing is Levy sets high prices at the best of times. He knows Everton are desperate so will rinse them.

maybe, but i would literally eat my hat if someone was stupid enough to pay anywhere near 35-40m for Alli, it would be thickness of the highest order.

Sure we will soon see tho hey!

i dont think he's worth more than 10-20m at best, and i wouldnt even pay that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah I doubt it's anywhere near that, though any deal for Alli currently does smack of some desperation particularly with his stupidly high wages.

But could say the same about us with Coutinho to be fair. We'll see who ends up being the more successful deal. 

35 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Free transfer and £10 million when he plays 20 games.  2.5 year deal.

Surprisingly sensible.

Could rise to £40m, though I guess some of that is based on playing for England and amassing large amounts of appearances. Which won't happen. Because he's shit.

Â