dudevillaisnice

Nuremberg has explained it better than I have.

Sigurdsson would be another example. Koeman had him out on the left for some inexplicable reason, now more centrally and he's scoring and influencing games again.

I agree not rocket science but do it and Everton have improved significantly.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Holgate is getting investigated for homophobic Twitter comments he made 6 years ago. While the comments were deplorable and awful, I dont think its fair to charge and ban something that was said when he was a minor.

People make mistakes when younger and I assume he is mature enough now to know he was in the wrong

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I see Holgate is getting investigated for homophobic Twitter comments he made 6 years ago. While the comments were deplorable and awful, I dont think its fair to charge and ban something that was said when he was a minor.

People make mistakes when younger and I assume he is mature enough now to know he was in the wrong

Yep agreed, stupid comments. But he was 15 years old. I'm sure everyone said stupid things every day at that age

It may well be  that false accusations of racial abuse need to be added to the list as well ?

ref report says he didn’t hear any at least 

dunno with the twitter thing , doesn’t sound like he was abusing homosexual people ... merely having the crack with his mates in the way lots of 15 year olds would ... calling your non gay mate a Battyboy during an online bit of banter doesn’t really seem worthy of a ban to me ... I appreciate he’s in the public eye now and  is a role model to some people now , but I’d be disappointed if the FA banned him over it 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It may well be  that false accusations of racial abuse need to be added to the list as well ?

From what I have seen it's seems as though Holgate thought 'Puta' meant something else. Holgate seems like a complete scumbag so I hope they throw the book at him, but they won't

• 1 month later...

Couldn't believe it when I saw they were still in the top half of the table when I just checked now.

If they finish 9th or 10th that's the most flattering premier league finish since we were 9th in the Houllier year.

Feels like for 90% of the season they've hardly won a game. Awful under Koeman, not much better under Unsworth and they're in terrible form now.

I wonder how on earth they have 34 points. I know Big Sam had that good spell when he came in but that was only 5 games and they didn't win all of them.

Will he even last until the end of the season? Will probably be ditched as soon as they get 40 points and he pockets his survival bonus.

• 1 month later...

Everton has apparently taken a leaf out of the Wolves book and struck up some sort of relationship with Mino Raiola to rebuild their squad...

They've also hired PSV Sporting Director Marcel Brands to take over from Steve Walsh.

Fat Sam also told to f off with a £6m golden handshake.

All according to Mirror.

Everton linking up with super-agent Mino Raiola to mastermind summer overhaul - without Sam Allardyce

Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is bringing in top agent Mino Raiola to mastermind a Goodison revolution.

Moshiri already has an agreement in principle for PSV Eindhoven’s Marcel Brands to come aboardas sporting director, and he now wants to tap into Raiola’s expertise as one of football’s top deal-makers.

The shake-up is set to bring the departure of manager Sam Allardyce, even though he will have 12 months left on the £6million-a-year contract he signed when replacing the sacked Ronald Koeman in November.

Director of football Steve Walsh will also leave.

Brands – regarded as one of Holland’s best talent-spotters – is currently sporting director at PSV, where he has been responsible for buying players such as Gini Wijnaldum, Dries Mertens and Kevin Strootman...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-linking-up-super-agent-12363508

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There's nothing quite like modern football is there.

Lets hope it all blows up one day

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2017 at 16:14, rodders0223 said:

Circle of Sam Allardyce.

Dog shit team is dog shit.

Sam comes in and gets them organised.

Dog shit teams starts winning games.

Initial joy of getting 3 points wears off, turgid football begins to take its toll on the supporters.

Allardyce tries to change his style for a month, first bad result sees Sam shit himself and fall back on his dull football, will never go back to trying to please the masses for the remainder of his reign.

Fans get restless and sick of his football. Owners get complacent and want more.

Allardyce gets sacked.

Club hires someone sexy, initial bounce followed by freefall.

Another dog shit team is dog shit.

Sam comes in and gets them organised.

I give Sam until next Christmas until Everton fans are screaming they have had enough and hire another flavour of the month.

Well well well.  10 out of 10.  OK he didn't even GET to Christmas but still, I won't dock you marks for that :P

• Like 1

Everton away games under him:

Liverpool 1-1 Everton

Newcastle 0-1 Everton

West Brom 0-0 Everton (one of the worst games of premier league season)

Bournemouth 2-1 Everton

Liverpool 2-1 Everton (FA Cup)

Spurs 4-0 Everton

Arsenal 5-1 Everton

Watford 1-0 Everton

Burnley 2-1 Everton

Stoke 1-2 Everton (got lucky as Stoke had Adam sent off after 20 minutes)

Swansea 1-1 Everton

Huddersfield 0-2 Everton

West Ham 3-1 Everton.

That's why he's got sacked. Far too negative and lack of ambition away from Goodison.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Xela said:

Never gonna happen

Maybe but apparently they held a meeting with Premier League and Watford and guaranteed they wouldnt hire Silva as next manager. Also Watford claiming it ruined there entire season

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe but apparently they held a meeting with Premier League and Watford and guaranteed they wouldnt hire Silva as next manager. Also Watford claiming it ruined there entire season

Depends when that meeting was if it was after they let Koeman go then they kept their word and hired Allardyce.  

6 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Depends when that meeting was if it was after they let Koeman go then they kept their word and hired Allardyce.  

according to Telegraph I think it was in April and they guaranteed wouldnt sign him

At the April meeting Watford felt they had received an assurance Silva would not be pursued by Everton this summer. Silva eventually joined Everton in the summer after agreeing a three-year deal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/13/everton-face-potential-points-deduction-marco-silva-tapping/

• 3 months later...
Â