dudevillaisnice

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I don't get why you'd want to go out. You're supposed to be an elite athlete. You don't see Nadal falling out of a nightclub. Plenty of time to get pissed when you retire

Even if he did I doubt he would go out in a place like Sunderland ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

in his defense, i saw the full video today and he was goaded quite a bit before he reacted. this is the problem with society now...these people giving him loads of stick, whilst filming, desperately hoping for a reaction so that they can flog the video to some rag. he shouldn't have reacted of course, but i do sympathise. just because he's a professional footballer doesn't give you the right to treat people like that.

edit: now it seems that the trigger point was when his fiancee started getting abuse too...i think many would have reacted the same way

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

in his defense, i saw the full video today and he was goaded quite a bit before he reacted. this is the problem with society now...these people giving him loads of stick, whilst filming, desperately hoping for a reaction so that they can flog the video to some rag. he shouldn't have reacted of course, but i do sympathise. just because he's a professional footballer doesn't give you the right to treat people like that.

edit: now it seems that the trigger point was when his fiancee started getting abuse too...i think many would have reacted the same way

Not seen the video, but yea.  

Football fans are **** stupid. And regularly transcend what is acceptable behavior. 

I'm all for fun, taking the piss and whatever, but there are so many thick people about, who take offence to everything, and dish out beige banter they get from **** ladbible. 

Boring. 

You are never going to stop it though, once the current bunch of arseholes age out of arseholery they are just replaced by the next generation.  It's been like it forever only nowdays everybody has a video camera in their pocket and motivation to provoke a reaction. 

• Like 1

Never been to Sunderland and I never intend to go there so there might be a lack of options, but why does players feel the need to go to the same clubs as the plebs goes to?

If I had money like that I'd not hang around in some VIP lounge so the commoners could ogle me drinking and get jealous. 

It's bound to end up with some drunk idiot wanting to face off and fight.

And for that matter don't go out drinking during season ffs.

On 01/04/2019 at 20:01, Zatman said:

He was giving abuse to the Newcastle fans during the game about 2 weeks ago(before another amazing error kept him quiet) so not surprised at all. 

regardless of his actions I genuinely think he is one of the most overhyped keepers in the Premier League (a league with so many poor stoppers signed for big fees)

He's a good goalkeeper tbh.  I genuinely don't know of any "overhyped" keeper in the Premier League.  De Gea seems to be held as a God and the rest just exist in the league.

On 01/04/2019 at 21:23, VillaJ100 said:

I don't get why you'd want to go out. You're supposed to be an elite athlete. You don't see Nadal falling out of a nightclub. Plenty of time to get pissed when you retire

What I don't understand is why they don't hire security to go with them. The Irish national team were doing it back in the 90's when they went on the piss. Hire two heavies to stop anyone annoying you or asking you for autographs/photos and to pour you into a cab at 2am when you're wasted.  

• Like 1

Separates the average players from the elite to be honest.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

From what I've seen on the videos, it starts with apparently Newcastle fans calling him butterfingers and flappy hands, next the video cuts to him windmilling away in what resembles a rugby scrum. Either something was said not shown, or pick ford is a delicate flower if being called butterfingers leads him to start fighting 

What I'd like to know is, why go out in Newcastle when you played for there local rivals, if your doing that you got to expect some stick especially if you go drinking in what looked like a whetherspoons on the video.

22 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

From what I've seen on the videos, it starts with apparently Newcastle fans calling him butterfingers and flappy hands, next the video cuts to him windmilling away in what resembles a rugby scrum. Either something was said not shown, or pick ford is a delicate flower if being called butterfingers leads him to start fighting 

What I'd like to know is, why go out in Newcastle when you played for there local rivals, if your doing that you got to expect some stick especially if you go drinking in what looked like a whetherspoons on the video.

as I said before it was only couple of weeks ago he was trying to wind up the Newcastle fans at St.James Park before he had another shocker. Of course fans are going to remember that 

reminds me of Neil Lennon he would always find trouble in a pub with Rangers fans yet no other player from either side always had that some bad luck

• Like 2

This. 

As boring as it would be, you have to sacrifice this element if you are a professional sportsman. You are earning a fortune, look after yourself. 

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Separates the average players from the elite to be honest.

Ronaldo v Rooney

Similar ages, both talented kids at Man Utd.  One is a teetotal who trains like a devil. The other gets pissed and shags granny prostitutes. One looks as though he could play at the very top for another 5 years. One looks older than my Dad.  

11 hours ago, villa89 said:

What I don't understand is why they don't hire security to go with them. The Irish national team were doing it back in the 90's when they went on the piss. Hire two heavies to stop anyone annoying you or asking you for autographs/photos and to pour you into a cab at 2am when you're wasted.  

Same with footballers who drink drive. You're earning loads of money and you don't get a driver on a night out? Mental!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awful scouting, goes to show it still not the amount of money you are competing with because so many clubs simply can't see value

but that said if you went through our transfer thread you'll find fans of ours wanting to spend £30m+ on championship players if we go up, hard to get the balance right, the current crop we have are probably not as good as some of our shit teams yet seemingly want to be here more giving us better performances 

said for a while now Everton have become a nothing club, stuck in limbo, need a complete overhaul and threshen up, they are more likely to do what we did than break in to the top 4

• Like 2

Â