Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Tbf to Folski he hasnt said that Man Utd are/would be after him. He is saying that Bent would be a good addition to them.

But he's wrong. If he was right perhaps they would look at him, same difference.

The Spurs fan summed it up best for me and it's something we all know too well, despite the 15-20 league goals he brings you're playing with 10 men for a large portion of the time. Even worse, when the ball does come to him he's about as much use as a Heskey.

Not the right player for us, certainly not the right player for Manchester United.

Nah I agree with you. I was saying similar the day he signed.

I have a lot of respect for the way Bent helped us out last season and the season before. He saved us a couple of seasons ago - so for that nice one!!

He is a goalscorer, but he was piss poor today. He offers nothing else.

I think we would have won with Benteke today.

He'll need to move to a team that sets everything up completely on a plate for him if he's going to be a success again. Totally limited striker with good finishing but bugger all else to his game. That £80k a week he's picking up can be better used elsewhere!

Bye bye Darren, thanks for the goals but won't be remembering you in a hurry!

I think we would have won with Benteke today.

The problem wasn't our attacking players.. it was the defence and has been throughout the season.

This "we will score more because we can't keep a clean sheet" mentality is horrible and needs to leave the club immediately, i'd rather have a better defence as a platform to build on.

I never get the dislike for Bent and the fact he only scores goals.  So what?  He doesn't pretend to be anything else, he didn't decide to get given £80k a week and clearly wants to play, he didn't decide for his service to get completely cut off within about a year of joining.  He's still mightily effective and a club will benefit from him and they'll get him on the cheap as well.  Good luck to him.

• Like 3

I think most of the villa fans bent to move on as he doesn`t fit where we are going but most of us would like to see him get a transfer so he can continue with his career elsewhere. He can still be a vital part for several teams

Bent was always looking for space today, he dragged the defence all over, the problem was the supply to him, we got it right once and hey presto he burried it, the rest of the time we could not put the ball in to him for whatever reason. This is hardly his fault.

Bent was always looking for space today, he dragged the defence all over, the problem was the supply to him, we got it right once and hey presto he burried it, the rest of the time we could not put the ball in to him for whatever reason. This is hardly his fault.

agree with this. Was at the game in wigan end so had to sit still and concentrate on the game :-) I thought he looked really sharp and was looking for the ball all game. There were moments where he had created the space and was pointing to were he wanted it. We just hadn't got that pass to release him. A few earlier, precise passes and he would have scored more.

This too, specially in the first half. But to be honest I didn`t pay too much attention to each player this match since it was...boring and it didnt matter that much. To be honest I don`t really remember much from him in the second half but at least for the first half this was true.

Sums up an aspect of what I dislike with Bent, we've not heard a peep for ducking months regarding Bent, then all of a sudden he plays a game, scores a goal and Lambert has to field a deluge of questions about him in the press conference. Absolute rubbish. We will succeed and fail as a team but Bent's profile detracts from the bigger picture. Lets move him on.

Sums up an aspect of what I dislike with Bent, we've not heard a peep for ducking months regarding Bent, then all of a sudden he plays a game, scores a goal and Lambert has to field a deluge of questions about him in the press conference. Absolute rubbish. We will succeed and fail as a team but Bent's profile detracts from the bigger picture. Lets move him on.

Bit harsh on bent that.. Dislike him for his performances or if he is a complete prick (ala John terry) fine. But disliking him for something completely out of his control I just don't get it. He hasn't made the press ask loads of questions..

Ha ha. A striker who is criticised because he only scores goals (about 1 every 2 games for those who haven't been counting)?

Whatever next?

Agreed, he does what it says on the tin. Right player at the wrong time and doesn't fit into Lamberts plans.. Will go relatively cheaply and whoever buys him will get goals.

Â