Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Lamber, lerner and faulkner have wiped off about £15m off bents value...

Another master plan by the trio of knob heads!

Couldnt run a bath the fcukin lot of them!

Wiped off £15m whilst at the same time increasing Benteke's pricetag by £20m and Weimann's by £7 - 8m, and Agbonlahors by about £3-4m.

I think we're cool.

If you want to get angry at someone get angry at the players who don't care about the club.

Lamber, lerner and faulkner have wiped off about £15m off bents value...

Realistically, that'd value him at about  -£3m, because given his age and wages we were never going to get more than £12m for him. Even if we sell him in the summer, we'll probably still get £8-9m for him so, in reality, he's seen his value dip by £3-4m

Just working off memory here, and I may be wrong, but when Benteke scored he had 3 other players around him... Bent, Sylla and probably Delph though I may be wrong on that.

Bent was the closest player to Benteke in the build up to the goal and when it was scored but when all the Villa players surrounded Benteke celebrating, Bent was nowhere to be seen... I wouldn't hold it against him if he was thinking "That **** player has done it again the bastard.", but it would have been nice to see him there celebrating the goal like the rest.

I'll repeat that I am just working off my memory and so Bent could have been celebrating and jubilating with the rest of them but I don't think he was...

As others have said, he celebrated with Benteke but here is the photographic evidence.

Bentycuddle_zps6cc18987.jpg

First wave was Zog and Sylla, 2nd wave Lowton and Bent.

Edited by briny_ear

FFS how can the board be blamed for Lambert deciding not to play him?

Oh come on, We all know lambert is a yes man, Lerner says get the wage bill down so lambert  being the prick he is thinks by not selecting him will force him to hand in a transfer request.

Same treatment applied to given, ireland ect, Seriously If anybody thinks that trio will be here next season then more fool them.  

Lerner and faulkners small minded tactics have turned us into a small club again and more fool lambert for being there bitch! Pathetic excuse of men thats all!.

I don't think i'd mind those players you have mentioned "not being here" next season. 

Bent is a bizarre one. I could see two things happening after his 9 in 16 10-11 half season. He would either carry on scoring and leave at the first sign of any interest from a bigger club like Milner, Downing and Young etc. Or the goals would dry up after his prolific start (Like Dion) because of lack of service due to the players leaving.

What I did not see happening was for him to be injured/out of favour for the best part of 18 months, barely play, stop scoring, his value plummet and be completely forgotten. So we have a goalscorer who our manager doesnt fancy and is now worth less than 10m. I feel a little sorry for him, his career has never really reached what it could have done. 

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

Oh come on, We all know lambert is a yes man, Lerner says get the wage bill down so lambert  being the prick he is thinks by not selecting him will force him to hand in a transfer request.

Same treatment applied to given, ireland ect, Seriously If anybody thinks that trio will be here next season then more fool them.  

Lerner and faulkners small minded tactics have turned us into a small club again and more fool lambert for being there bitch! Pathetic excuse of men thats all!.

I don't think i'd mind those players you have mentioned "not being here" next season. 

Lambert is also anything but a yes man—he's stuck to some pretty ruthless guns this season. This Sutherland guy is really talking nonsense. 

Thinking about it, what manager is going to come in, with a budget and say "**** you chairman, I'm going to spend TWICE your budget, and you better like it."

Penis. 

I have had a moment to think and I think Sutherland is a troll. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Lambert is also anything but a yes man—he's stuck to some pretty ruthless guns this season. This Sutherland guy is really talking nonsense. 

Thinking about it, what manager is going to come in, with a budget and say "**** you chairman, I'm going to spend TWICE your budget, and you better like it."

Penis. 

I have had a moment to think and I think Sutherland is a troll. 

LAMBERT IS A YES MAN??!

that is complete rubbish. All 3 have had chances this season and all 3 have not been good enough. Only senior player we missed all season is Dunne

Be nice for him to stay fully fit between now and end of season, and hopefully he bags a couple of goals. If only that it will keep his price at a reasonable level.

I still think he and Benteke given a proper run together could've been a good strike force. However, I would agree that at the moment the front 3 all bring something different to the table and therefore deserve to stay together. He is a good option off the bench though, as again he brings something different and would worry defenders.

Im a big fan of Bent and am proberly one of the few that believe him and Benteke could play well together given a run.

However.......

Lambert does not come across as a guy that would single out a player and intentionly not play him if that said playrs attitude is right. I really do believe that Bent himself, is the reason why he seems to be on edge of things. Off couse, injuries do not help, but in this case i think there is more signs of an attitude problem at Bodymoor rather than injuries.

Im also pretty sure that we would have sold him in January, if it were not for another injury.

Edited by MagicMushroom

I am not going to write off Darren Bent because of this season, both because of injuries and because we have been so incredibly poor. When the manager opts to bench him in the beginning of the season and we score the least in the league, it is obviously not down to Darren Bent being a crap player. The combo of Benteke and Bent has goals written all over it, especially as Weimann can operate more down the wings.

I hope we don't sell him, and to be honest, chances are Benteke will leave and Bent stays. Selling both would be hard to take, especially as I don't see who we can get in that's better. Benteke came from nowhere, but who is to say we can bring in a player with similar ability? His agent says he is going to stay, but I don't read much into that. If Spurs, Liverpool, even City or Arsenal come along - he is gone within a day both because of ambitions and finances.

Selling Benteke leaves money and room for investment in our woeful midfield. If we can get some creativity in then Weimann/Gabby and first and foremost Bent will score lots of goals next season. Dream is that Benteke stays of course!

• 5 weeks later...

I have absolutely no problem with this (as you can imagine  :) ). Wouldnt give a shit if he went for free. No doubt he will score goals somewhere else and I wont be bothered either because they will be a mid-table club at best. Totally limited striker that we shouldnt have paid anywhere near what we did for. Yes his goals were vital, but there are plenty of other strikers who can score goals for a lot cheaper!

• Like 1

If Leicester wins the playoffs, I can see them coming for Bent. They have money and they need recognized poacher to play in front which they are sorely lacking and Nugent isn't cut out for PL.

Â