Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Gabby, Weimann and Benteke all have their particular qualities. But as things stand I don't really trust any of them to get us a goal, whereas I can with Bent. Bent is just a natural goalscorer who has the sort of positioning instinct that very few have. It's no surprise he has the sort of goal scoring record he does. He's going to play a very important role for us this season.

Did the trick though with Bent didn't it...as in not starting him... He looked more focussed than recently i thought when he came on. We need him firing as it seems Weimann is going through one of those lean spells & Benteke has a touch of rabbitinheadlightitis. As for Gabby well he is his usual unpredictable self as he's always been... Brilliant one minute & anonymous the next.

Bent has been pants for a while now. Don`t know why he thinks he is entitled to play and be captain. Same goes for gabby, they both need to shut up about proving points to the manager.

You can`t be crap at your job for months and then do 5 minutes good work and start saying you have proved a point to your boss.

This attitude is completely backward, they need to adopt the attitude of holman and do some bloody work.

Bent has been pants for a while now. Don`t know why he thinks he is entitled to play and be captain. Same goes for gabby, they both need to shut up about proving points to the manager.

You can`t be crap at your job for months and then do 5 minutes good work and start saying you have proved a point to your boss.

This attitude is completely backward, they need to adopt the attitude of holman and do some bloody work.

Bent was injured for months and it pretty much always takes some games to get back into match fitness and match form. He's also shown in this season that he's doing more than under McLeish and Houllier.

Didn't look a happy bunny in the post match interview today. Didn't smile once. In a way im glad to see it as it shows he wants to play. So Gabby and Bent next match up front.

He was clearly fired up. Bent could sometimes do with getting nastier and being more aggressive in his play.

Good management from PL. Let's see him kick on from here.

Albie's return and Zog's glimmer of form should also help Dazzler.

I can't imagine he'll have taken much from Albrighton's performance, he was nothing more than a passenger for the whole game.

Re Darren Bent

He's just come back after half a season (or so) out with a nasty injury. He's hardly likely to be up to full speed yet

He's started 6 out of 8 games including the cup and has scored 3 goals

What a crap return ... Ha

I still find it painful to hear some people expecting him to turn into something he's not. He's reached the age of 28 and made millions by being one thing, a goalscorer.

He's not Messi, he's not Yorke and he's not Rooney. He's Darren Bent. A poacher, a penalty box finisher. And he needs ammunition to score.

If you don't supply that to him given his talents, then basically you are wasting a prize asset and not doing your job as a team

Peter Withe was my first striking hero. And his greatest asset was heading the ball in the net from the siz yard box or getting a close finish in. He didn't create goals for himself he relied on the likes of Morley and Sid to put em on a plate

That's football. You play to the strengths of your best assets and you win games. As simple as that

Good attitude from Bent yesterday and he looked hungry when he came on! Glad he got the goal as I think he needs a handful or so to get him up and running after that nasty injury! Him and Gabby up front for me in the next game.

Wee Andi has been very unlucky not to have scored one or two already this season! Still making my mind up about Benteke, looks good but his shooting leaves a bit to be desired from the very little I have seen. It'll probably take me until the end of the season to properly make my mind up about him but he looks very decent!

Does anyone know what he said after the game? Some people were saying that he mouthed off after the game?

Nuh he didnt mouth off, just stated its been a difficult couple of weeks having lost the captaincy and finding out he wouldnt be playing yesterday. The interview is on sky sports site.

2 in 2 for Bent in the league, I think its clear the front 2 to start at Spurs should be Bent and Gabby. They looked decent at the start of last season together. CNZ should start too imo

He said absolutely nothing. It went along the lines of:

Interviewer: "Darren, always good to come off the bench and score a goal to prove people wrong?"

DB: "Yeah, well, you know, it's always good to come off the bench and score a goal to prove people wrong."

Interviewer: "Darren, Do you feel you've staked your claim for a starting spot next match?"

DB: "Yeah, well, you know, I feel I've staked my claim for a starting spot next match."

Interviewer: "Darren, it's been a tough time for you with injuries and losing the captaincy?"

DB: "Yeah, well, you know, it's been a tough time for me with injuries and losing the captaincy."

Â