Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Its a shame, but I reckon its pretty much nailed on that DB will leave if he remains as manager.

You can't blame the bloke, he's isolated for the most part. I don't even think him going would bother McLeish too much anyway. You could buy another three defenders for the money Bent would raise.

Every year we lose a key player.. it shouldn't be a surprise now.

Bent is the obvious target as he is probably the big asset we have left.

A pattern is emerging.

Every year we lose a key player (or sometimes two).

2009 - Barry

2010 - Milner

2011 - Young & Downing

2012 - Bent?

Strangely enough they seem to all be years that Lerner has been the owner.

Mmmm.......?

2009 - Barry

2010 - Milner

2011 - Young & Downing

2012 - Bent?

2012 - Heskey ???

I think DB will stay if we change the manager, yet another reason to get rid of the current clown.

I reckon we'll keep Bent this season but he'll be off come Jan/next summer, we lose those key players after they have a storming season if you want to talk about patterns. We're not a top club who can keep players like these we are a stepping stone club, always have always will.

Every year we lose a key player.. it shouldn't be a surprise now.

Bent is the obvious target as he is probably the big asset we have left.

A pattern is emerging.

Every year we lose a key player (or sometimes two).

2009 - Barry

2010 - Milner

2011 - Young & Downing

2012 - Bent?

Strangely enough they seem to all be years that Lerner has been the owner.

Mmmm.......?

he took over in 2006 you know

and every one of the players who left turned down new contracts and insisted they wanted to move elsewhere

It's pretty lucky to find players that want to stay at pivotal points in their careers so I'm not so bothered anymore. The sale of Platt and Yorke damaged my childhood, with an advantage later on in life. I expect the sale of Darren Bent, and I will shrug my shoulders.

This is heartbreaking stuff to be honest.

Being one o' them "foreign" fans, and having only ever seen one game live, I was ecstatic when Bent scored against Norwich (How lucky am I to have come all the way from Canada and to catch one of only four home wins all season!). I haven't followed The Villa as long as many of you, around six seasons now I guess, so I've watched Lerner's tenure since pretty much the beginning, it's rise and fall. I have seen the aforementioned top players arrive, then leave. I was gutted when Barry left, then Milner, (my Milner long sleeved Villa top arrived shortly before he was sold grrrrrrr....) , Young and Downing. If Bent and Gabby end up splitting Villa, I'll be shattered, because in my view, if we lose those two, after already losing the previous four, it won't matter who manages us after McLeish leaves. Unless there's significant investment to replace these yawning gaps in our squad, we would probably go down in the next season anyways.

When I watched Villa vs Norwich, Nov 5th, Gabby and Bent were in particularly good form, and it was a thrill to be there. If those two go without adequate replacements, we're foooooooked.

we have so few senior players left in the team, that I can't see bent leaving, unless he forces it himself.

No idea where the idea that Gabby may leave has come from...

Up until he got injured, I'd said selling Bent would be a good thing as we could reinvest the money...

Since he has been injured I have watched our goals dry up, we have no other frequent goals scorer in the team. Wiemann is good, but was hardly prolific, Gabby has his good stretch every November and the joins the queue to check in for his summer holiday and Delfouneso (remeber him?) looks no better than when he first started breaking through into the 1st team.

I'd sell Gabby, £10m yes please. He's never had to play for a contract, it's always just been there.

I didn't seen him clap the crowd once when he came on after the game, did I imagine that or did anyone see that he did?

Feel sorry for him to be honest, and wouldn't hold anything abgainst him if he left. The brochure he was sold when he first joined is now a million miles away.

IMO the club have shafted him.

The last thing I expect from a modern day footballer is any sense of loyalty or connection with the fans

Darren Bent is no different, in every interview it's complete generic insincere waffle

If he goes just shrug the shoulders and move on

If we sell Bent then I'll be gutted but at the end of the day what is the point in keeping him when we can't even create enough chances.

What is the point?

Well it is not like football is not suited for only him, that it is just him that suffers. Everyone sucks in this team, and even less so Darren Bent. Yeah he does not get the chances he needs, but he scored 9 goals in 22 games this season. That is 0,41 goals pr. match. Gabby has 5 in 32 games. In fact I would say Darren Bent has a very good goal tally this season, and comfortably would have reached 15+ if he had played on without injuries. Our game has screamed for that striker to put the goal in the back of the net, and we have seen Heskey (!) being up there fumbling the ball around like an idiot.

Â