Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Hard to justify for whoever it was a page or two ago who was arguing Bent should be starting ahead of Gabby, after today's performance. 

On the one hand, you can justify things, you know, it wasn't an absolute sitter, he got into the position at least, etc. 

But the reality is that over the last week, he missed (by the sounds of it) some complete sitters in the cup game, and a fairly easy chance in this one. He's also been paid, what, £90,000 plus a win bonus. Scoring goals is his job and he wanted it, at the end of the day we can't have too much sympathy. 

Hard to justify for whoever it was a page or two ago who was arguing Bent should be starting ahead of Gabby, after today's performance. 

On the one hand, you can justify things, you know, it wasn't an absolute sitter, he got into the position at least, etc. 

But the reality is that over the last week, he missed (by the sounds of it) some complete sitters in the cup game, and a fairly easy chance in this one. He's also been paid, what, £90,000 plus a win bonus. Scoring goals is his job and he wanted it, at the end of the day we can't have too much sympathy. 

what a 15 min cameo and because he narrowly missed one goal scoring opportunity that neatly wraps everything up does it?

what a 15 min cameo and because he narrowly missed one goal scoring opportunity that neatly wraps everything up does it?

You appear to have missed the second clause in the first sentence of the third paragraph. He did, in fact, start the game against Orient, did he not?

I thought he did fine in his short time. He challenged every ball. He won a couple of headers that sprung a counter attack and narrowly missed a goal from a not so great angle. 

With that being said though, once Benteke and Kozak are back, I don't see him making our bench. 

• Like 2

You appear to have missed the second clause in the first sentence of the third paragraph. He did, in fact, start the game against Orient, did he not?

yep ok i overlooked that, i didn't see the Orient game, i don't think many people did unless you were there. But he wasn't alone in being crap and not scoring that day.

he's in the shirt, he may not be brilliant but while he wears it and until he is sold lets just get behind him.

Player who's barely played football for 2 years in being rusty and unfit shock horror.

He played a fair amount last season for Fulham, he's trained along with the rest of them this summer and has had as much game time as anyone in pre season. This is his third appearance of the year after a full 90 mid week. 

Besides, is that any excuse for him being so clearly and miserably out of shape? 

Don't know if he "should've" scored, but should've done better, IMO. He was way too slow in that situation. Not good enough, anymore.

Slow when he was offside from Westwood's ball over the top to him too.

Hopefully it's just "match practice" rather than anything else but, unfortunately, it looks like his good striking days have gone.

Edited by bobzy

Not his biggest fan at all, but his chance at the end was nowhere near as easy as everyone seems to be making out

Was just about to say that. By no means a sitter

Not at all. Difficult shot.

On reflection and a second watch I agree. And he played OK besides when the ball was played directly to him. What I cannot accept is that that man is doing all he can to look after himself. It's a disgrace that a player on £70,000 a week thinks that kind of physique is acceptable. 

Not his biggest fan at all, but his chance at the end was nowhere near as easy as everyone seems to be making out

Was just about to say that. By no means a sitter

Not at all. Difficult shot.

On reflection and a second watch I agree. And he played OK besides when the ball was played directly to him. What I cannot accept is that that man is doing all he can to look after himself. It's a disgrace that a player on £70,000 a week thinks that kind of physique is acceptable.

And I agree with that. It is shameful, and shows disrespect to the team and other players. I'm disappointed with Darren.

Â