Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

When a is said and done, we are more like to score with Bent on the pitch than Gabby/Weimann.

Yet Weimann has scored more than Bent this season. Go figure.

Weimann has scored more than Van Persie this season.

• Like 4

When a is said and done, we are more like to score with Bent on the pitch than Gabby/Weimann.

And weimman has played more. We've only played 2 prem games, bit early to use that to prove the original suggestion is rubbish.

And weimman has played more. We've only played 2 prem games, bit early to use that to prove the original suggestion is rubbish.

It is too early, obviously, but I still doubt we'd score more with Bent in the team. He just hasn't got it anymore.

Is be very surprised if he starts against Hull.

I wish we could just play without any of the strikers we have available right now.

We kind of do :)

Mainly because they don't turn up, glad to hear Bent may not start anyway, woeful in the week.

I'd start him today.

For me the chances against Orient were not nailed on sitters and I thought his runs off the defender were better than anything Gabby or Weimann have shown this season.

Play him up top and surround him with Cole Grealish and Nzogbia to play him in and he will score today.

• Like 1

Gabby is better than Bent. A good Bent has a shout at being better than a good Gabby, but the Gabby we have today is better than the Bent we have today.

I will not be in the least bit sad when Benteke and Kozak are fit and Bent is no longer part of our match day squad - I will not miss him one bit - I will always miss the £40m - with that money, we could have been significantly more comfortable than we have been for the last three seasons, but instead we chose a lazy half arsed striker who was already past his best when we got him and had been found out at each of his previous clubs. 

Is he the worst signing in the clubs history?

• Like 4

Nah, that's a bit harsh, OBE. He was good the first season and a half or so. But I agree with what you write about him today. Not better than Gabby, even if Gabby ain't very good atm.

I'd start him today.

For me the chances against Orient were not nailed on sitters and I thought his runs off the defender were better than anything Gabby or Weimann have shown this season.

Play him up top and surround him with Cole Grealish and Nzogbia to play him in and he will score today.

He could play up front ahead of Bale, Modric, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

He wouldn't score.

He would be blowing out his arse with his hands on his hips, looking at the through balls.

Â