Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Been confirmed

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3358077,00.html

Striker Bent moves to Fulham on season-long loan

The Club can confirm that Darren Bent has joined Fulham on a season-long loan.

He will be eligible to play in the Cottagers' opening Barclays Premier League game of the season tomorrow against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

bent-port-shirt.jpg

Bent Signs For Fulham

Friday 16 August 2013 11:30

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Darren Bent from Aston Villa, on a season long loan.

The 29-year-old striker signed for Aston Villa from Sunderland in January 2011. Whilst on Wearside, he scored 36 goals in 63 appearances.

He is reunited with Martin Jol, who signed the England international from Charlton Athletic in 2007 whilst manager of Tottenham Hotspur. He has scored four goals in 13 appearances for England, his first for his country in 2010 against Switzerland away in a Euro 2012 Qualifying match.

Bent started his senior career at Ipswich Town in 2001 and spent four seasons at Portman Road, scoring 56 goals before moving to Charlton Athletic in 2005.

He has scored over 100 Premier League goals since 2005, playing for Charlton Athletic, Tottenham Hotspur, Sunderland and Aston Villa.

Fulham Manager Martin Jol said: “Darren Bent is a striker I have always admired. He has shown in the Barclays Premier League that he is composed and clinical in front of goal but, even if he is not scoring, he is involved in some good link-up play, creating opportunities for his teammates. I’m delighted that he has joined us, he gives us pace up front and I am confident that he will add to our goals scored tally this season.”

Good luck to him, now... that attacking midfielder...

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Well that was a boring few pages.

Loan fee + all the wages + not playing against us would make it a good deal for me. Good luck Dazza.

That's exactly what it is. Actually makes (or saves) the club a lot of money. And he can't pop up with a winning goal in any games against us. Time will tell though if the savings allow the manager to bring in that midfield player he is looking for - or possibly even another striker!!!!

Midfielder more likely than a striker surely?

Any names you know of?

A rather disappointing end to his Villa career. I reckon its the best deal possible - wages off the books, loan fee and he can't play against us for a season to score that obligatory "revenge" goal.

He did what was asked of him at the time, which was convert chances presented to him by two wingers. He's totally useless in our current side and for that he had to be sold.

Â