Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Well,  I'll wait to see how this one pans out. I'm seeing quite a few posts where people are stating facts on all this based on other people stating facts that they simply don't know. In my opinion.

The details aren't out there as far as I'm concerned, so anyone saying "the deal is this" is purveying conjecture and know **** all for certain.

The best player by a country mile in the bomb squad and we could only manage a loan deal for him.

Don't look good with getting rid of the rest.

As a result of a series of clerical errors, Stephen Ireland will likely remain on the books for another 8 years at least.

• Like 1

At least by next year Ireland will be off the wage bill as he is out of contract next summer so it would balance out if Bent comes back from loan. This has to be better than paying a reserve player £3m to do nothing next season. Fingers crossed we can start to bring more players in soon.

Edited by jacketspuds

The best player by a country mile in the bomb squad and we could only manage a loan deal for him.

only hope being that clubs panic on deadline day and go in for others

Best bit about this is that we probably have enough wiggle room to bring in 2 more players and still come out with a lower cost than keeping Bent. If we can get Given out next, that'd be space for at least another one as well - not that I think Lambert will bring in more than 2 more players, if even that. Scope there for a relatively decent earner at the very least though

How badly do you have to be panicking to suddenly think "Oh my God i need a player!!! Somebody get Barry Bannan's agent on the phone quick!"

• Like 1

How badly do you have to be panicking to suddenly think "Oh my God i need a player!!! Somebody get Barry Bannan's agent on the phone quick!"

Check this forum a couple of hours before the window closes and you'll see the level of fans panic!

• Like 1

look at some of crap we signed on deadline day. Salifou, Leonhardsen, eirik bakke 

Am I the only one who doesn't think a loan deal is that bad ( assuming they take on his wages )? He's at the lowest low of his market value right now. If he has a good season then his value might go up and thus Villa would be able to get a better offer than what has been on the table this summer.

Sounds good to me too!

Â