Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Still think we need a plan B and Bent could have played a part.

It seems odd that Lambert hasn't really given him a chance, and although on the face of it he seems to have kept quiet and got his head down, there were a lot of rumours circulating about him first getting it on with Herd's missus and then leaking stuff about how disgruntled the players were to the press to engineer a move.

I suppose we'll never know the truth, but I cannot understand how any team in our position could not find a way to squeeze a natural goalscorer into our team rotation.

Goals win football matches, and this guy scores goals.

• Like 1

Another one that could have been a great for us. What a waste of time coming to Villa has been for him.

I'm sure the £60-70k a week that he's collected off us will help him to sleep at night.

Is it strange that I actually feel quite sorry for him? We all loved him a few years ago then new managers come in and he's just cast aside. Cruel game sometimes besides the money I guess!

Don't feel sorry for him. His 80k a week isn't sorry. Forever grateful for keeping us up when we signed him but we need to offload him now and he's at present not going because he doesn't want a pay-cut.

A lot of love for DB, best of luck to him wherever he ends up. When he signed it was one of the most excited I've felt about Villa in the last five years and his debut was a great night. His goals kept us up that year (and the two away at Arsenal won me quite a lot of money!) and for that I will always be grateful. I just think it's a real shame it didn;t work out but I think him leaving is best for both parties and I hope he plays his way into the England squad for the WC (as long as he doesn't score against us!)

• Like 1

Â