New kits

villa4europe

Looks like a T-Shirt. I expect my football tops to be football tops.

I like my football shirt to be comfortable and nice to wear in the pub or out in the sun

that's where umbro smashed it IMO nike can do a million clever things with their material but when im sat in the pub mid summer watching England I don't want to be wearing a shirt that makes me sweat and traps it to keep me cool...

Wolves get puma and we get macron. **** me.

don't be fooled, its only the same as saying baggies get addidas when in reality macron pay us a silly amount whilst they pay addidas to make their kits

who cares who makes our kits as long as they reward us financially

and puma are meant to be struggling, they're scrapping their fashion stuff, meant to have scrapped deals with some players (couldn't find details of who) and have sacked their chief executive

Edited by villa4europe

don't be fooled, its only the same as saying baggies get addidas when in reality macron pay us a silly amount whilst they pay addidas to make their kits

and puma are meant to be struggling, they're scrapping their fashion stuff, meant to have scrapped deals with some players (couldn't find details of who) and have sacked their chief executive

Look like crap and play like it too.

Wolves deal will be being done through a company called Genesis who have a license to use or adapt old Puma kit templates (that home shirt is reminiscent of the Italy shirts in 2008, certainly with the stripes in the neckline) and sign UK based teams to wear them.  Genesis will generally work on profit-sharing through kit sales with the club.

As for Puma's current plight, they've recently announced an impending new CEO (their third in about 4 years after Jochen Zeitz was there for about 10) and are divesting of lots of sports marketing assets whilst also pulling out of certain categories such as rugby completely.  They also made some redundancies in Germany at the back end of last year.

don't really care what the football shirt ever looks like really, my only wish is that it changes significantly enough to make it worth paying for. I think we get that most years so i'm happy. If i was a Chelsea fan i would be fuming they've had the exact same shirt with slight changes in detail since 1971, bar changes to the badge

Am I the only one that likes the collar?  Without it that shirt would just be the extremely dull Diadora effort from 2002.

16149-zoom.jpg

A shirt so dull that the only decent action picture I could find of it was of Øyvind Leonhardsen.   :blink:

I thought that was a decent enough effort. In fact, that's the shade of blue we should have still, not the powder blue of recent years.

liverpool-13-14-warrior-home-football-sh

New Plop kit.

This is apparently done in the style of the classic kit from 1984 (when they won their 4th EC). "To remind the players of that success and drive them on to bring that success back".

Although I don't see those yellow pin-stripes that were the defining feature on the 84 kit.

new-boro-kit-289627768.jpg

New Boro Kit

Are they players?

Hahaha... was bored at work and scrolling through old threads and found this one from May 2011 regarding Boro's kit. Anyone recognize the fella on the left?