New kits

villa4europe

Dunno. There was something of a shitstorm when Manchester United took the words "football club" off of their badge, but that was well over a decade ago now and people quickly forgot about it. I hadnt thought about it too much since either if I am being honest, but I dont think the desire to have "FC" or "Football Club" on a shirt is a particularly American desire. Unless I am missing an obvious example of course.

aKrqP.jpg

Southampton home and away. Which is which though? I presume the red one is a home based purely on the fact that that one is in the middle of he picture.

CsOE6.jpg

Derby away. Me no likey. Manufacturer logo and badge are practically on the shoulders because of post match TV interview camera angles.

MASSIVE **** SPONSOR is awful too. I thought there were league guidelines on how big the logo could be?

cYArT.jpg

Hibs. Classy and understated. I could totally go for a Villa shirt using that template.

I think Puma were going safe and classy with their first Dortmund kit, rather than lazily copying a design they already had. It's a pretty big deal for both parties, lasting for 8 years and will apparently see Dortmund as Puma's 'flagship' team.