New kits

villa4europe

But yes, I would imagine the amount of people buying that shirt will be about the same as the amount of people who buy our 2011/12 season review DVD.

And I will laugh. Oh how I will laugh.

I just looked at who was selling the 2011/12 season review DVD. It's on all the usual places (Amazon, HMV, Play.com) and the press release which comes with it made me smile.

In what was an eventful campaign for Villa, the 2011/12 season had its ups and downs. It was a turbulent season - full of emotion; from the despair of injuries to key players to the joy of big victories such as the triumph away at Chelsea and wondrous goals such as the memorable 20 yard curling strike by Andreas Weimann.

It was also a season for reflection as fans rallied to show their support for Stiliyan Petrov who was forced to end the campaign early due to serious illness. Showing the spirit that so endeared him to the fans, the Villa captain still turned out to show his support for the club despite the shock news. And as the fans rose to their feet in appreciation of the midfielder, it was perhaps a turning point that saw Villa go on to lose just one game from the next seven, securing some vital results to avoid any serious threat to the club's Premier League status.

The Villa team united and showed the spirit that has kept the club in the top-flight since its formation 20 years ago. The performances of Stephen Ireland and Shay Given stood out in an eventful season which, despite the final league position, was anything but boring.

I feel bad for the guy who had to write that, but claiming it was anything but boring? The fact that it was both shit and boring was the problem with 2011/12 and why McLeish got sacked, is it not? Anyway, to bring this back round to new shirts I guess the people who would buy this DVD are the same kind of people who would buy the purple Liverpool shirt (if it exists) and that is the well meaning auntie or grandparent who knows you support that team but pays no attention to football whatsoever.

Or the people who buy every shirt and/or DVD every year and so are basically forced to to keep up their collection.

Oh, and that DVD blurb is terrible. I can almost hear the thoughts of whoever wrote that

"wondrous goals such as the memorable 20 yard curling strike by Andreas Weimann and..... erm...... annnnnnnnnnnnnd.... **** it that'll do"

Looks a bit more like this mock up, only with the sleeves going to the neck.

liverpool-third-shirt1.jpg

The darker purpel saves it. We can't see the glory of the tribal arms in that picture though

It looks ok on the bloke in the photo who has a tan and probably goes down the gym 4 times a week. But on your average fat bastard its going to look horrendous. Laughably horrendous.

Tribal tat's are tacky enough, on a t-shirt is unforgivable.