James Collins

AngelGabriel

Our problem is Collins is a McLeish type of player; guts'n'glory, spirited, prepared to die for the cause etc etc. If he was a jock he'd probably be advocating sainthood for the bloke.

Unfortunately, thats as far as it goes. Without wanting to insult the guy, he's gone, had it and needs replacing immediately. I just hope AMC recognises the fact and makes changes, before those waiting in the wings get tempted by pastures new.

The only thing I can come up with is that Collins has incriminating photos of McLeish and Heskey getting intimate in some dodgy bar, which he's using to blackmail McLeish into giving him a starting spot every game. Would explain why Collins is always in the team no matter how crap he is and how Heskey keeps on making it into the team as well.

The only thing I can come up with is that Collins has incriminating photos of McLeish and Heskey getting intimate in some dodgy bar, which he's using to blackmail McLeish into giving him a starting spot every game. Would explain why Collins is always in the team no matter how crap he is and how Heskey keeps on making it into the team as well.

Maybe it's a three way with Hutton

So when a team is set up like that and take that much pressure it really is only a matter of time before said mistake happens.

and there is the crux of the problem...

we could have any central pairing in the world and they would look turd in our team....

if you are having to deal with that many balls into the box or through balls, by the law of averages you are going to **** up eventually

James Collins is shit but our usedless manager is making him SHITTER...

and he is doing exactly the same to Darren Bent...

because of our style of play the guy is getting 2 chances a game maximum and is under huge pressure to put them away and we are seeing him miss them.....

same problem our style of play is killing our defenders and attackers

Your point is valid, but the dilemma the guy has is the players that you allude to that are offensive, can't hold on to the ball.

I am not defending Mcleish, but I think he thought, we will play the team we did to stop getting overrun, The irony i,s we still got overrun.

I personally don't think another variation would have made any difference, because the fundamentals are not there.

Gingers stick together.

I can't think of any other reason why Collins is still getting a game. To be honest I'd be quite happy to never see him in our side again I've really had enough of him over the last 12 months.

Trent, He catches the eye at times due to his work rate, but he is just a stopper and on a bad day a very clumsy one as illustrated at WHL.... on a good day an assertive one.

....problem is, progressive teams play out from the back, he has no guile.

Gingers stick together.

I can't think of any other reason why Collins is still getting a game. To be honest I'd be quite happy to never see him in our side again I've really had enough of him over the last 12 months.

Trent, He catches the eye at times due to his work rate, but he is just a stopper and on a bad day a very clumsy one as illustrated at WHL.... on a good day an assertive one.

He is a poor defender. He doesn't read the game well, he dives in without thought, he switches off and has poor concentration and he lumps the ball about the pitch.

Add to that his off field antics last season and to be honest I've seen more than enough of him.

Gingers stick together.

He is a poor defender. He doesn't read the game well, he dives in without thought, he switches off and has poor concentration and he lumps the ball about the pitch.

Add to that his off field antics last season and to be honest I've seen more than enough of him.

Exactly, what will it take before he gets dropped?

I am starting to view Dunne in a better light though, or is it just me? He did get caught out a few times in terrible positions against Spurs but no where near as many times per game as last season.

[

I am starting to view Dunne in a better light though, or is it just me?

Dunne is, and has been for many years, a quality defender for club sides and Country prone to the odd mistake/bad game. Collins on the other hand it seems is now a poor defender prone to the odd good game. For the most part during his first season with us he did well. Since then apart from the odd very good game - Man City at home last season and Arsenal away spring to mind, he has been poor.

Anyone get the feeling that if McLeish had to chose between which one to play (Dunne or Collins) he'd chose Collins?

That would be scary, Dunne has been playing pretty well for us so far this season but between covering Warnock and Collins has been made to look worse than he is.

As most agree he's shockingly bad, time n time again I see him run toward a winger when the full back is already covering him n open up a massive gap in the centre where Dunne has to cover, its ridiculous now...try Cueller or Clark (preferably the latter) if it werent for Given theres a couple or so games that we have drew that we would have lost

Anyone get the feeling that if McLeish had to chose between which one to play (Dunne or Collins) he'd chose Collins?

Sadly yes. Now I'm not real fan of Dunne, far from it in fact but I couldn't make a case for Dunne being dropped over Collins sadly though it wouldn't actually surprise me.

Â