Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we concede at least one goal in the vast majortiy of games I can see us losing this one.

Everton are decent in the air and Houllier hasn't bothered or been able to sort out the defence.

Another nail in the Houllier coffin but arguably another step closer to going down.

REALLY dreading this match, Everton will fight like crazy until the very end...

Young on the left please, or IMHO we are truely ****. Heskey to start up front with Bent, with Gabby coming on when Heskey's run out of steam...Oh and whilst I'm at it, can we give someone else the captains armband? We need a real leader for christ sake, someone who gets stuck in, someone like NRC maybe? not someone who ponces about the pitch giving the officials grief in order to deflect attention from his own below-par performances...

One final request, and I know it might not go down too well as it is a little radical, but how about giving someone else a go at taking free kicks? The current guy IMHO, is an embarrassment...

Desperate for 3 points but would settle for 1...

I don't necessarily think we're destined to lose. I remember after the City game in late December I was never so sure of a Villa loss as I was when we played Chelsea away at the beginning of this year yet we managed to draw, and we played well too.

Sadly I can't see anything other than a loss. Something like 3-1 to Everton. Then a confused Houllier trying to lord it in front of the Gwladys Street Stand, being told to **** off, and the penny dropping that he is indeed back in Liverpool but at Goodison not Anfield.

Sadly I can't see anything other than a loss. Something like 3-1 to Everton. Then a confused Houllier trying to lord it in front of the Gwladys Street Stand, being told to **** off, and the penny dropping that he is indeed back in Liverpool but at Goodison not Anfield.

:D

God help us if his here at the last game. He wouldn't come out alive if he dared to wave at the Liverpool fans in our own ground.

Need to stop the rot and think we'll draw this one 2-2. And I'd certainly take a point! Not sure who'll be back for us at the back? Maybe start Walker, Dunne, Cuellar and Delph, but would play reo and makoun in front, with ash and downing on wings, heskey and bent up front, with gabby and albrighton hopefully both figuring at some stage.

I'd go

----------------Friedel-----------------

Walker---Cuellar---Collins---L.Young

--------------NRC---Makoun-----------

-----------------Delph------------------

Albrighton---------------------Downing

------------------Bent-------------------

Bench: Marshall, Petrov, Young, Gabby, Heskey, Baker, Herd

I'd go

----------------Friedel-----------------

Walker---Cuellar---Collins---L.Young

--------------NRC---Makoun-----------

-----------------Delph------------------

Albrighton---------------------Downing

------------------Bent-------------------

Bench: Marshall, Petrov, Young, Gabby, Heskey, Baker, Herd

This would be my team as well, but can't see Ged dropping Young.

I think we have to play three CM'ers against Everton or we will get overrun. I would possibly play Downing on the right as I think he is more likely to stop Baines getting forward as much. This might leave a slot open for Young on the left wing?

I'm not enjoying the negativity either. If SHA can go up there and get a point then I am damn sure we can, especially with the injuries they have.