Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

He is clearly criticising Wengers ability in that article. What has Allardyce or Hodgson got to do with the fact that Mourinho clearly questions Wengers ability in that article?

You asked how many mangers would criticise another based on their job. Well he is clearly doing that. There is no argument whatsoever. :lol:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are some people for real on this site? Sam Allerdyce, manage Aston Villa? do me a favour...They'll be calling to bring back DoL next and I'll know its time to call for the men in white coats...

IMO its crazy to want a new manager with only 8 games left in the season, we all need to put all this negative crap aside and get right behind the team and the current manager, we can deal with all of that other stuff when the seasons over.

He is clearly criticising Wengers ability in that article. What has Allardyce or Hodgson got to do with the fact that Mourinho clearly questions Wengers ability in that article?

You asked how many mangers would criticise another based on their job. Well he is clearly doing that. There is no argument whatsoever. :lol:

Yes and I'm saying it barely happens. Which it doesn't, one example doesn't prove it regularly happens.

What's with all the bias against the English managers?

It's like the England job all over.

People write off the likes of Allardyce and Curbishley but why?

They've done more than Coyle, Hughton, Lambert, Poyet etc.

Personally I don't want another foreign manager after the Houllier debacle.

I think the next manager should be British.

I don't think that a British manager would have disrespected the club in the same way that Houllier has.

So even though they seem to be unpopular (because they're English?), I'd be happy with Allardyce, Curbishley, McClaren, Hughes (I know he's Welsh) etc.

I feel that English managers should be given a chance at the bigger clubs (of which we are one) as they are always disregarded for foreign managers - Jol, Van Gaal, Riijkard, Ranieri etc.

EDIT:Oh and before anyone goes off on one about Allardyce playing long ball, Allardyce says he has only played direct football because of the clubs he has been at and the resources he has had at his disposal.

You don't know for certain that he would play the same way with the quality of players he would have had Villa.

I don't think that a British manager would have disrespected the club in the same way that Houllier has.

Houllier doesn't represent every foreigner though.

Personally I don't care if they are British or Spanish etc.. If their CV is good enough, if they are good enough as managers and have proved this recently then I'm happy tbh.

I wouldn't treat a foreign manager no different to a british manager.. but hey that's my opinion.

Oh and people don't want Allardyce (well me personally) because of the football he plays; I absolutely hate it with a passion, just terrible.

Houllier doesn't represent every foreigner though.

Personally I don't care if they are British or Spanish etc.. If their CV is good enough, if they are good enough as managers and have proved this recently then I'm happy tbh.

I wouldn't treat a foreign manager no different to a british manager.. but hey that's my opinion.

Oh and people don't want Allardyce (well me personally) because of the football he plays; I absolutely hate it with a passion, just terrible.

I agree. Funnily enough some of the best teams in the league are headed by foreign/not-English managers. Nationality doesn't matter one bit.

So even though they seem to be unpopular (because they're English?), I'd be happy with Allardyce, Curbishley, McClaren, Hughes (I know he's Welsh) etc.

EDIT:Oh and before anyone goes off on one about Allardyce playing long ball, Allardyce says he has only played direct football because of the clubs he has been at and the resources he has had at his disposal.

You don't know for certain that he would play the same way with the quality of players he would have had Villa.

Firstly, no they are unpopular because they are distinctively average manager who play boring football. Although McClaren and Hughes have been discussed on here so those two, people don't mind from what I've read.

Also as for Allerdyce, yes he would play that way. Blackpool have got £0 and yet they try to play some of the best passing football in the league because that's the managers philosophy. Everywhere he goes, he'll play a direct style of football, just like O'Neill's tactics have never changed since he started management (he is better than Allerdyce though)

we need the best man for the job, not a nationality, Allerdyce over Jol? Kill me now.

What's with all the bias against the English managers?

It's like the England job all over.

People write off the likes of Allardyce and Curbishley but why?

They've done more than Coyle, Hughton, Lambert, Poyet etc.

They've done more because they have been in the game longer of course...

Add to the fact they could get a job back in the day purely on their average reputations. Hence why until recently no young managers have been given a chance and hence why we have so few upcoming English managers.

Also you can play other styles at smaller clubs and be successful, to suggest otherwise is simply untrue. All it takes is time and patience.

I'd want Grayson or Lambert or Coyle, but I don't think he'd leave Bolton.

And the first two won't be going anywhere right now so for me, who is still giving Houllier time, I am happy to wait for now. I think we will stay up and changing manager now would be immensely destructive. But - if there were no improvement next season, when we have finally moved beyond the complexities of this season and the mitigating factors which I do think have damaged us beyond simply blaming GH, we would be in a better position to recruit a new manager that would be a positive appointment (no big Sam, no no no) - mid seasonish we could go for one of the up and coming younger british talents like Bolton did with Coyle. Grayson or Lambert it would look like now. And Houllier might turn it around anyway. It is possible.

Lambert is the man I would want to take over at Villa regardless of whether we stay up or not this season. We are a massive club and will still be a massive club even if we are relegated. There will be plenty of manager's who could take us back to the Premiership if the unthinkable happens.

What has Allardyce or Curbishley ever did except a couple of promotions. think they only qualified for Europe twice between them in management

Allardyce - Got Bolton promoted. Established them as a Premier League club. Got them into Europe for the first time in their history.

Curbishley - Got Charlton promoted. Established them as a Premier League club. Kept West Ham up.

What have Grayson, Lambert, Poyet, Hughton, Coyle ever done?

Less than Allardyce and Curbishley that's for sure :winkold:

Someone good'd be good.

Hell, a negative of Houllier would be good (by which I mean the opposite, not something like 'his curious ability to **** off everyone' from the list of cons the Frenchman has).

What has Allardyce or Curbishley ever did except a couple of promotions. think they only qualified for Europe twice between them in management

Allardyce - Got Bolton promoted. Established them as a Premier League club. Got them into Europe for the first time in their history.

Curbishley - Got Charlton promoted. Established them as a Premier League club. Kept West Ham up.

But we don't want to get promoted (yet..) need establishing or have a manager take us to 10th in the league and be a success.

Moyes is the man, no money, plays fantastic football, other than Rooney has loyalty from his players, gets the best out of average men and so on.

But we don't want to get promoted (yet..) need establishing or have a manager take us to 10th in the league and be a success.

Moyes is the man, no money, plays fantastic football, other than Rooney has loyalty from his players, gets the best out of average men and so on.

Agree 100% on both points, I would hate to see a team of cloggers under Allardyce.

Moyes for me knows a player and seems to get on well with his players. The only reason they aren't challenging for a CL spot is the lack of investment.

I would hate to see a team of cloggers under Allardyce.

This is so true.

We really do play football the way its meant to be played at the moment (granted though results haven't been there), to see us go back to a direct game would deeply sadden me.

I would hate to see a team of cloggers under Allardyce.

This is so true.

We really do play football the way its meant to be played at the moment (granted though results haven't been there), to see us go back to a direct game would deeply sadden me.

agreed again, we were a joy to watch in the 2nd half yesterday