Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I would hate to see a team of cloggers under Allardyce.

This is so true.

We really do play football the way its meant to be played at the moment (granted though results haven't been there), to see us go back to a direct game would deeply sadden me.

+1

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really do play football the way its meant to be played at the moment (granted though results haven't been there), to see us go back to a direct game would deeply sadden me.

We're just a defense short of being a very good team. Ok, that's quite a major part of the team, but the football Houllier wants us to play is light years from the style of MON's teams, and the defense in particular has shown it's limitations in this respect.

It's almost as if Houllier is folliwing an instruction from the board as far as footballing style is concerned, I don't remember his Liverpool team being that nice to watch, but since January we've looked ver compac and tidy in our play, especially going forward. Maybe the board had tired (as many of us had) of one dimensional counter attacking football, this would explain why they have remained so patient to Houllier, if together they had drawn up a master plan.

I would hate to see a team of cloggers under Allardyce.

This is so true.

Funny that, yesterday was the first time we've played 4-4-2 with both wings occupied by... yup you guessed it wingers and the two forward positions occupied by... yup you guessed that too forwards, we played an awful lot of those "dreaded long balls" from the keeper and just concentrated on using width to supply the forwards.

Yesterday's performance was very... MONlike, the team set up the way it used to, the tactics appeared to be similar (even leaving the only sub of the game to injury time ;-) ). Yesterday we almost finally played to our strengths

Come on get MOYES in ASAP.......he is EXACTLY what this team and club need

I think he needs it too and he knows it now. Never going any further at Everton, think he would like the new challenge.

I don't think we can get better than Houllier. I'd love for Houllier to stay and be given money to sort the defence out in the summer. As long as we don't hound him out we'll do great under him next season.

If we are to compare the disastrous tenure of GH to BMc, then the response is to find the manager who has built with his own hands; then it was GT Mk1, now it is Coyle. Moyes is too bruised and never built his own empire, Holloway a little fey, and the only other manager who has built and gone forward is one Neil Warnock.

Coyle or Warnock, regardless of division would improve the current performances, and results.

I've always admired Moyes for the way his sides play and the way he conducts himself.

Would he come here though? I'm not so sure he would'nt right now because the conditions seem right. Everton fans are restless and might be thinking he's takem them as far as he's ever going to. And who else would offer him the kind of opportunity we could, considering the ONE job he definitely does want will be filled by 'the chosen one' before too long.

I reckon he'll be just the 'happy medium' we need.

I've always admired Moyes for the way his sides play and the way he conducts himself.

Would he come here though? I'm not so sure he would'nt right now because the conditions seem right. Everton fans are restless and might be thinking he's takem them as far as he's ever going to. And who else would offer him the kind of opportunity we could, considering the ONE job he definitely does want will be filled by 'the chosen one' before too long.

I reckon he'll be just the 'happy medium' we need.

I think you're right. I cannot see Moyes going to a top four club as he's not high profile enough for them. Mourinho will take the United job, Arsene will leave Arsenal in a box. Replacing Harry at Spurs will be like replacing MON at Villa, a hiding to nothing. A huge pot of transfer wedge might just persuade Moyes to come to the Villa.

Still not sure if I can get excited over Coyle.

Hughes' Fulham are only 2 points behind Coyle's Bolton.

Be interesting to see who finishes higher in the league - Fulham or Bolton.

I don't think we can get better than Houllier. I'd love for Houllier to stay and be given money to sort the defence out in the summer. As long as we don't hound him out we'll do great under him next season.

Agree with you here.

I´ve always said next summer is the time to judge Houllier, unless he takes us down, then he has to go...

Neil Warnock?! Sod me we'd have a proper mutiny then. Can you imagine our players getting a roasting like this?
they'd bloody go home.
If you ask me thats the type of manager that our players need, someone with a bit of fight and passion. Not some washed up old fool that can't motivate his team.