Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Neil Warnock?! Sod me we'd have a proper mutiny then. Can you imagine our players getting a roasting like this?
they'd bloody go home.
If you ask me thats the type of manager that our players need, someone with a bit of fight and passion. Not some washed up old fool that can't motivate his team.

i think in an ideal world yes, unfortunately becuase of the money and characters involved in football im not sure you can take this approach anymore. I mean look at the reaction of a good number of our players this season to a manager who has tried to introduce a few rules and do thinks slightly differently. How many would have been frozen out under Warnock.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes said this just the other day:

“It’s not fashionable now to be in a job for nine years. It’s more fashionable for supporters to see a change, so I’m very fortunate.

“I’ve always said I wouldn’t want the supporters to get fed up of me because at the end of the day it’s their football club, it’s not mine. I’m there to do the job and try and do it to the best of my ability.

“If I got the feeling they were fed up with me then I’d do something about it. But I don’t at the moment, I still see it as one of the biggest clubs in England, and I’m really thrilled to be manager of the club.”

Most of the fans I know are still behind him (and will be gutted when he leaves) and blame Kenwright over anyone for our problems. There are some who are against him but there is always some fans who he'll never win over - same with pretty much every manager though.

“It’s not fashionable now to be in a job for nine years. It’s more fashionable for supporters to see a change, so I’m very fortunate.

“I’ve always said I wouldn’t want the supporters to get fed up of me because at the end of the day it’s their football club, it’s not mine. I’m there to do the job and try and do it to the best of my ability.

“If I got the feeling they were fed up with me then I’d do something about it. But I don’t at the moment, I still see it as one of the biggest clubs in England, and I’m really thrilled to be manager of the club.”

Most of the fans I know are still behind him (and will be gutted when he leaves) and blame Kenwright over anyone for our problems. There are some who are against him but there is always some fans who he'll never win over - same with pretty much every manager though.

Ah how cute, you have a manager whose doing it for the fans. Sorry AG but thats just the kind of nonsense that players,managers, chairmen, whoever just come out with these days, it means very little. Moyes is hardly allowed to say anything else, anything else would be seen as mutinous.

FWIW I know its Kenwright to blame for your woes, well Kenwright and your own fans in campaigning against a new stadium. But a time must come when both Everton and Moyes come to the conclusion that they'd be better off apart.

Moyes has taken your team as far as he can (probably anyone can) given his severe lack of resources. Your club is strapped for cash, with Moyes only signing a new deal last year he does actually have some value and your team may actually need some fresh ideas soon plus Moyes must know the writing is on the wall for that squad soon enough unless he gets some decent chunk of investment. Sometimes there could be a mutually beneficial thing going on.

I don't know whether this is the time for Moyes to jump but never say nevr.

Ah how cute, you have a manager whose doing it for the fans. Sorry AG but thats just the kind of nonsense that players,managers, chairmen, whoever just come out with these days, it means very little. Moyes is hardly allowed to say anything else, anything else would be seen as mutinous.

FWIW I know its Kenwright to blame for your woes, well Kenwright and your own fans in campaigning against a new stadium. But a time must come when both Everton and Moyes come to the conclusion that they'd be better off apart.

Moyes has taken your team as far as he can (probably anyone can) given his severe lack of resources. Your club is strapped for cash, with Moyes only signing a new deal last year he does actually have some value and your team may actually need some fresh ideas soon plus Moyes must know the writing is on the wall for that squad soon enough unless he gets some decent chunk of investment. Sometimes there could be a mutually beneficial thing going on.

Didnt he say this as he signed a two year contract? Either way Kenwright will just say 'no' if we ask to speak to him.

Neil Warnock?! Sod me we'd have a proper mutiny then. Can you imagine our players getting a roasting like this?
they'd bloody go home.
If you ask me thats the type of manager that our players need, someone with a bit of fight and passion. Not some washed up old fool that can't motivate his team.

Fran werent you one of the ones mostly moaning about Houllier saying 'we cant win' vs City?

they'd bloody go home.

Fran werent you one of the ones mostly moaning about Houllier saying 'we cant win' vs City?

I don't see how that's anything different to the people who think we can win vs Wolves and saying the same thing about Newcastle with GH under the helm. Again, we got 5 points from 6 teams that aren't even in top 6.

Didnt he say this as he signed a two year contract? Either way Kenwright will just say 'no' if we ask to speak to him.

No, he signed a new contract last year and this was said the other day

I've always admired Moyes for the way his sides play and the way he conducts himself.

Would he come here though? I'm not so sure he would'nt right now because the conditions seem right. Everton fans are restless and might be thinking he's takem them as far as he's ever going to. And who else would offer him the kind of opportunity we could, considering the ONE job he definitely does want will be filled by 'the chosen one' before too long.

I reckon he'll be just the 'happy medium' we need.

The Villa job will be quite appealing because of the way we have underachieved so badly this season. Anyone who isn't a complete idiot would have us top 8 in no time, especially with a bit of money to spend. Instantly Moyes would be back in a job with a big Prem club with the fans behind him but crucially without his hands tied financially quite as much as he has at Everton. A bit like when Harry took over Tottenham when they were bottom of the league, it was a false position created by an idiot manager and quickly got them shooting back up the table, his media reputation is up there with the best.

I've always admired Moyes for the way his sides play and the way he conducts himself.

Would he come here though? I'm not so sure he would'nt right now because the conditions seem right. Everton fans are restless and might be thinking he's takem them as far as he's ever going to. And who else would offer him the kind of opportunity we could, considering the ONE job he definitely does want will be filled by 'the chosen one' before too long.

The Villa job will be quite appealing because of the way we have underachieved so badly this season. Anyone who isn't a complete idiot would have us top 8 in no time, especially with a bit of money to spend. Instantly Moyes would be back in a job with a big Prem club with the fans behind him but crucially without his hands tied financially quite as much as he has at Everton. A bit like when Harry took over Tottenham when they were bottom of the league, it was a false position created by an idiot manager and quickly got them shooting back up the table, his media reputation is up there with the best.

Fair point.

Great points

You'd have to say it was always going to be pretty tough for anyone coming in and looking to improve on the 3 top 6 finishes under the previous manager. Now anyone coming in won't have that pressure given how inept Houllier has been.

As has been stated the squad as it stands now is easily good enough for top 8 and any manager worth his salt looking in from the outside will know that.

Its a fantastic opportunity for someone and with the right manager it won't take much to see us up amongst the top half dozen clubs again as we have some very good players.

Its obviously essential we stay up and sadly under the clown we currently have managing us that is still unbelievably in doubt.

they'd bloody go home.

what has that got to doe with what i said here??, one decent win wow if the word removed an oscar eh. I have been moaning about the old rocket polisher from the time he was linked to this club whats your point??.

they'd bloody go home.

what has that got to doe with what i said here??, one decent win wow if the word removed an oscar eh. I have been moaning about the old rocket polisher from the time he was linked to this club whats your point??.

I have no idea what your on about but I was referring to Warnock in the video telling his players they had already lost the game. But sorry I forgot you probably just saw another managers name and gave it a positive remark without actually watching it, thus meaning any attempt by me to get a discussion going pointless.

No, he signed a new contract last year and this was said the other day

Sorry got it wrong, thought he'd signed a new two year contract extension the other day, or will be in the summer if the board give assurances. That said, it doesn't matter if Kenwright says no because he's contracted for another 12 months.

You'd have to say it was always going to be pretty tough for anyone coming in and looking to improve on the 3 top 6 finishes under the previous manager. Now anyone coming in won't have that pressure given how inept Houllier has been..

No one expected Houllier to finish in top 6 this season . Think most ppl were prepared for a transitional and mixed season but not the diabolical one he has somehow managed .

Agree anyone coming in after Houllier would have it relatively easy given just how inept Hoillier has been.

Things can change quickly in football though Bicks.

Who's to say that Everton won't get the new owner they've been crying out for this year, or another investor as per that Las Vegas bloke.

I do think there is the very real possibility that Moyes might be off if he doesn't get suitable financial backing this summer mind. I don't think he'd want to entertain the notion of another season like this, expected to deliver what Everton fans expect despite a budget that only allows free deals like the Beckford one et.c

We need to make sure we're even in this division first and foremost, before we could even entertain any notions of poaching other managers.

At present, there is as probably as much chance that Darren Bent will be plying his trade at Goodsion next year (following a cut price sale from a relegated Villa) as there is of Moyes being our manager.

Things can change quickly in football though Bicks.

Who's to say that Everton won't get the new owner they've been crying out for this year, or another investor as per that Las Vegas bloke.

I do think there is the very real possibility that Moyes might be off if he doesn't get suitable financial backing this summer mind. I don't think he'd want to entertain the notion of another season like this, expected to deliver what Everton fans expect despite a budget that only allows free deals like the Beckford one et.c

We need to make sure we're even in this division first and foremost, before we could even entertain any notions of poaching other managers.

At present, there is as probably as much chance that Darren Bent will be plying his trade at Goodsion next year (following a cut price sale from a relegated Villa) as there is of Moyes being our manager.

Oh I agree completely HE, I wasn't saying he would come here for sure, nor if he'd leave Everton either but if I had a large amount of money to spare I'd be tempted to put it on Kenwright still being Chairman this time next year. AG is right in that respect he is what his holding Everton back, his desire to hang on to the club he loves

I think most would take Moyes if given the option; with Jose and Pep fighting for the United job, Chelsea being foreign fans, Arsenal keeping Wenger until his Thunderbird finish wears off, Man City only playing with Internationally recognised managers and Liverpool realistically never going for Moyes he really doesn't have many obvious options and perhaps with money, better players and an American backer he really could cement himself as a Champions League challenger.

I feel for Everton as a club, they have deserved to achieve (even if they haven't ultimately won anything) whereas at times we have flattered ourselves with our table positions, I'd love to have Everton's biggest catalyst at our club, MON with tactics....amazing scenes!