Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't ask me to spill how I know as I don't want to get the guy in trouble. But Houllier won't be sacked. From what I've been told Randy blames Dither for being the cause of the state we are in and Dither ALONE.

I am assuming that you mean MON and if that is the case the Board really has lost the plot. MON made lots of bad calls over signings and wages but his record speaks for itself. I am also firmly of the opinion that he deliberately chose to resign when he did to maximise the damage to the club.

But having said all that he cannot be blamed for the abject dross we have been treated to this season, responsibility for which largely rests with the manager and certain players, the latter being a function of poor management anyway.

The simple truth is the Board made a duff appointment which will almost certainly cost us our place in the PL. Picking through the wreckage once the season is over I think the club would be best served by hiring a good young manager to work with what remains of the squad which will probably largely be the kids anyway. Someone like Grayson would be a good shout.

Who's excited about Saturday?!

Can't wait, as always with any Villa match

Who is off to Goodison this weekend? I am, super excited! :D

Me too, can't wait!

I'm tempted to take a beachball or two, but I don't want to be like that little kid on sky sports if it ends up contributing to a goal...

Poyet is another manager to throw in to the mix of young up and coming managers who could well be worth a punt ( ala Everton with Moyes, Bolton with Coyle ). Lambert, Grayson, Howe, Poyet all look to have bright futures as managers and seem to have that hunger, belief in their own ability and something about them that suggests they'll do well when they inevitably make the step up to bigger clubs.

Exciting time for us to be in the market for a new manager and I'm really looking forward to the summer and then starting next season with a vibrant new manager we can all get behind. Essential that we stay up though and that under Houllier is sadly still a big worry.

Stay up and make the right choice and given the ability we have in the squad no reason we can't again be knocking on the top 6 places again next season.

If we go down then the finger is pointed at the Americans, and not the "ditherer".

Never blamed them before but I think the Americans and their Ginger mate are to blame for dithering and persisting with someone who is so obviously not up for the job. Whatever went before and however the yellow bellied prick walked out and left us there has been a good enough sqaud to not be in this situation now.

A bit OT but why did we buy Bent? Complete and utter waste of time in the circumstances as we are not really scoring many more goals as we don't provide the service.

At face value i can understand why you would blame them. However, i think we need to refrain from kneejerk reactions, which when you look into it more deeply, thats all it is.

Randy has no experience of how to run a Football club, i think thats very clear. So when quitter quit, he was basicly put in a situation that hes never been in before.

Thats why he hired a team of "Headhunters" which is also an admission that they have nobody at the club other than uncle Doug whom knows the game and has the contacts within it.

Lerner i imagine, relies so much on the advice of one other, and that man is Faulkner. Now without going into the reasons why Quitter quit, we know he was involved somewhere, since he runs the club in Lerners absense, and Lerner was indeed absent during that week.

If Lerner is to blame for anything, then its for not getting anyone into the club, that understands the modern game, and the one person we did have, they "dismissed" soon after taking over (Stride).

Therefore the people you need to hunt down for answers are those that are giving Lerner their advice and making the decisions in his absense.

On to Bent.....

Bent has never been a hard worker around the pitch. He comes alive in the box. A player like that needs service and support in and around him, pretty quickly. Hes not somebody whom you can throw the ball into on the halfway line, hoping he can hold it and lay it off.

All our strikers have struggled this season, and i blame the system we play for that, since the chances we create for them are negligable, and we dont get that many in and around the box in support.

Go 4-4-2 and give him a partner, and we will start winning games.

Houllier has always been a careful manager. He likes to hold on to the ball, and not take risks with players being caught out of position. He has always played this way, and its been a complete failure with no plan B.

The English game has moved on since he managed Liverpool. Its a lot quicker, and i think hes been caught it out with how much it has changed, both on the pitch and with Players.

So basicly, Faulkner and Houllier are to blame in my opinion.

If we stay up i'm 90% sure Houllier will stay imo. The board won't get rid of him.

Basically, this

The only way we will get rid of GH is if next season is identical to this one.

And actually - you know what, it will be quite funny because IMO I think we will stay up, and next season will be successful with us getting a top six finish and a nice cup run - maybe even a win.

Everyone wanted Ferguson out after 3 years of winning nothing with Man Utd, football fans are too hasty nowadays and too quick to point the blame on one person... if we stay up (god I never thought I'd be saying that) then next season will be 100 times better than this one

If we stay up i'm 90% sure Houllier will stay imo. The board won't get rid of him.

I think they will, or they will loose all our senior players and a few of the coaching staff aswell. The problems really do run that deep, dispite the Clubs PR.

Now if Houllier were to change his arrogant ways, he may stay. But he wont, so he will be gone.

Hes come in, and acted like a Bull in a China shop, ignoring those around him, with a "i know better" attitude.

The damage is done, there is no way back, and i cant see Lerner wishing to purchase an whole new team during the summer. Also, Faulkners statement only mentioned this season, not next :winkold:

Barring an unbelievable upturn in form, and your looking at us winning as many games in our last 8 as we've won under him in 25 ( 6 ), then he'll be gone in the summer. You simply don't come back form the hostility towards him in our last game, the most vicious I've seen in 30 years, and it would take something he is simply incapable of to turn that around. The wheels I believe are already very much in motion in terms of his departure.

Barring an unbelievable upturn in form, and your looking at us winning as many games in our last 8 as we've won under him in 25 ( 6 ), then he'll be gone in the summer. You simply don't come back form the hostility towards him in our last game, the most vicious I've seen in 30 years, and it would take something he is simply incapable of to turn that around. The wheels I believe are already very much in motion in terms of his departure.

And possible replacement.....

If we go down then the finger is pointed at the Americans, and not the "ditherer".
If we go down the blame should primarily be aimed at the players and the manager. Also, isn't Faulkner British?

Can Faulkner fire people?