Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Jewell, who was it last week!? Aidy Bothroyd? who is next week, Ian Dowie?

jewell is an excellent man manager and motivator which is exactly what we need because the quality in the squad, particularly the front 6 is great, the players just need a kick up the backside which gh seems incapable of doing

Paul Jewell, who was it last week!? Aidy Bothroyd? who is next week, Ian Dowie?

jewell is an excellent man manager and motivator which is exactly what we need because the quality in the squad, particularly the front 6 is great, the players just need a kick up the backside which gh seems incapable of doing

Our big time charlie's won't play for a manager that has won countless trophies, and you think they would play for a nobody like Jewell ? I've heard it all now.

Excellent motivators tend to do well at getting poor players to play well, thats all very well and good, but we have good players that are playing like dog turd, Jewell/Holloway/Boothroyd and even Warnock would be out of their depth at this club with this squad, and I imagine they'd end up ruffling even more feathers than Houllier has (a la Gregory with Collymore).

More to being a manager than being a man manager, I'd rather evolve and move forward than rely on pretty average group of managers who will take us absolutely nowhere.

i'm aware of this but i think that being a man manager is not houllier's forte and this is his main downfall, boothroyd or jewell are good examples of man managers, who would you suggest then?

More to being a manager than being a man manager, I'd rather evolve and move forward than rely on pretty average group of managers who will take us absolutely nowhere.

Ron Saunders was quite a disciplinarian and Man Manager.... :winkold:

Though different times, when players had less powers and egos than today.

i'm aware of this but i think that being a man manager is not houllier's forte and this is his main downfall, boothroyd or jewell are good examples of man managers, who would you suggest then?

Boothroyd couldn't motivate his coventry team? how the hell is he going to motivate our players?

Jewell is an ok man manager but that's manging small players who respect him, no way is he ever good enough to manage us. Tactically not great, nor does he play great footballer and nor would he be able to attract decent players or in my opinion, keep our big players, just a complete failure.

If it was upto me, I'd have Jol, Moyes and Coyle as the main 3 candidates, in that order.

Mourinho - Wenger.

What did Mourinho say?

iirc he accused him (Wenger) of being a 'voyeur' and concentrating more on other peoples teams than his own.

So more mind games than anything.

That means nothing. You asked when do managers ever criticise managers about their job and that is exactly what Mourinho did.

Mourinho - Wenger.

What did Mourinho say?

iirc he accused him (Wenger) of being a 'voyeur' and concentrating more on other peoples teams than his own.

So more mind games than anything.

That means nothing. You asked when do managers ever criticise managers about their job and that is exactly what Mourinho did.

They are different things, honestly speaking out against a certain manager and saying they've done a bad job is different from playing mind games with rival teams.

If you asked every Prem manager questions about opposition managers, you'd barely get a bad word about the job they are doing. Whereas AshVilla's comment sounded as if this was something out the blue and unusual.

Yet, it was the same Mourinho criticising Wenger not too long ago because he hadn't won a trophy in 5 years. He even said that the kids argument was getting old now. If that isn't telling someone they are doing a bad job then I don't know what is.

The Real Madrid coach taunted his rival over Arsenal’s failure to win a trophy in the last five years.

Mourinho rapped: “He should especially explain to Arsenal supporters how he can’t win one single little trophy since 2005.”

The former Chelsea boss was retaliating after Wenger denounced Real’s controversial time-wasting tactics at Ajax on Tuesday, which saw two of the Spanish giants’ players conveniently sent off.

He also mocked the Gunners’ 2-0 midweek Champions League defeat by Braga, which has left Arsenal in danger of crashing out, and slammed the Frenchman’s claims his side is still mostly inexperienced.

Mourinho added: “Instead of speaking about Real Madrid, Mr Wenger should speak about Arsenal and explain how he lost 2-0 against a team in the Champions League for the first time.

“The history about the young kids is getting old now.

“Sagna, Clichy, Walcott, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Van Persie, Arshavin are NOT kids. They are all top players.”

Wenger has angered his old Premier League adversary after slamming Real’s antics near the end of their 4-0 win in Amsterdam.

Mourinho and four of his players have been charged by UEFA with improper conduct.

The Real chief is accused of instructing midfielder Xabi Alonso and defender Sergio Ramos to pick up second yellow cards deliberately and be sent off so they will be banned for their team’s ‘dead’ final Group G clash with Auxerre and then take clean disciplinary records into the knockout stage.

Mourinho pleads not guilty but Wenger hit out: “It’s a pity to see that from a big club. It looks, frankly, horrible. You don’t want to accept that.”

That's more of a response to comments made by Wenger but for okay, let's say Mourinho doesn't like Wenger, that's one manager in about last 2/3 years.

Look at how everyone sticks up for Allerdyce or how everyone says Hodgson is a great manager or what a good job Moyes has done etc...99% of the time, managers are defended and Mourinho not liking Wenger hasn't dis-proved that....:lol: