Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to steve mcclaren today on talksport,the guy knows his stuff,his club record is impressive, i wanted sm when mon left..im sure if sm was in place we wouldnt be seeing gh talking about the need for 10 points to stay up! my biggest worry is gh in charge next year,i dont see any improvement under him.

Moyes has run his course at everton, no money to spend and only so long you can churn out respectable performances rather than consistency and he needs a fresh start in my opinion. Would be good for him and us.

Allardyce is a progressive manager with innovative methods and sets his team up to play on the counter which would also suit us although wouldn't be popular choice for me.

im sure if sm was in place we wouldnt be seeing gh talking about the need for 10 points to stay up!

True, it's very unlikely that GH would be taking about how many points Villa needed if he wasn't our manager. If it was Steve Mclaren however, I don't think we'd be any better off.

listening to steve mcclaren today on talksport,the guy knows his stuff,his club record is impressive, i wanted sm when mon left..im sure if sm was in place we wouldnt be seeing gh talking about the need for 10 points to stay up! my biggest worry is gh in charge next year,i dont see any improvement under him.

Can't help but that Boro fan ripping his season ticket up in front of McClaren.

I think McClaren is probably a very goad coach - but manager? I don't think he is.

Yes he won Boro a cup and did well in Holland but done shit in Germany and with England and he left a lot of rubbish at Boro in terms of players.

He may well resurrect his career back in Prem one day - personally would rather not see him at Villa tho

No to Benitez, no to Fat Sam, DEFINITE no to Mclaren, I think that guy is a massive waste of space.

I'd be happy enough with Moyes but I can't really see him leaving Everton. I'm not sure about Jol, I don't think he did a bad job at Spurs and I think he was treated pretty unfairly there, but I'd be lying if I knew much about what he's done since then.

we wouldnt be seeing gh talking about the need for 10 points to stay up!.

True, we'd probably be seeing McClaren talking about the need for 15 points to stay up!

whys that then? sm won the league in holland with fc twenty & a cup..won a cup with boro..let me know if you can think of gh winning a double or a championship.

True, we'd probably be seeing McClaren talking about the need for 15 points to stay up!

whys that then? sm won the league in holland with fc twenty & a cup..won a cup with boro..let me know if you can think of gh winning a double or a championship.

won 5 trophies with liverpool in 1 season. and the league with lyon twice on the bounce

won 5 trophies with liverpool in 1 season. and the league with lyon twice on the bounce

Ramos won loads of trophies at Sevilla. Let's hire him next.

No to Benitez, no to Fat Sam, DEFINITE no to Mclaren, I think that guy is a massive waste of space.

I'd be happy enough with Moyes but I can't really see him leaving Everton. I'm not sure about Jol, I don't think he did a bad job at Spurs and I think he was treated pretty unfairly there, but I'd be lying if I knew much about what he's done since then.

is thee anyone you do want :confused:

Not impressive.

I agree that SM could be good for us. But the number of people who disagree is a bit of a worry. Partly because they may be right, and partly because I don't think I could take another season of watching a beleaguered, unpopular manager try to turn things around amid a cacophony of abuse from the fans.

were not liverpool,look at the state gh has took aston villa to now,if you think or are enjoying the reigh under gh then fair play to you,if you read my posts from last year i thought sm had something to prove in english football,gh on the other had offers nothing.

Yes I think the poster concerned actually wants to stick with Houllier

:o

Yes I think the poster concerned actually wants to stick with Houllier

I wouldn't say I was absolutely pro-Houllier, but it looks like he will be with us until the end of the season at least. If we go down then I couldn't really argue against shipping him out, if we don't go down I think he could buy some exciting players in the summer since I think his transfer savvy has been his best asset so far, admittedly there haven't been too many positives though.

I also wonder, due to the recent stories coming out, if Houllier isn't really the biggest problem we have, so sticking with Houllier but getting in another number 2 or just switching the backroom staff up a bit would be another option I'd be willing to give a go.

I did however say I'd be happy enough with Moyes and I wouldn't be unhappy with Jol so there's two there. I just particularly never rated Mcclaren and I think Fat Sam would steady us but we wouldn't be buying the sorts of players or playing the type of football that I personally would like to see is all. I'm sure there's many other managers out there who I would be happy with but with the recent options nothing particularly inspires.

With two of Newcastle's best players not available on Sunday and Villa back to full strength, if we don't win that game, I'll want him gone immediately. Never has the term "must win" been more appropriate and we'll never get a better chance of winning a game. Fresh off the back of a positive performance against Everton, a full squad to select and a barcode squad weakened etc. What I mean to say is, if Houlier cannot lift us for Sunday, when will he ever?