Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

If we go down then the finger is pointed at the Americans, and not the "ditherer".
If we go down the blame should primarily be aimed at the players and the manager. Also, isn't Faulkner British?

Can Faulkner fire people?

The thing about firing or not firing Houllier is that's it's a very hard decision to take. What if Randy fired Houllier after Bolton but the new manager could not stop the slide?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we go down then the finger is pointed at the Americans, and not the "ditherer".
If we go down the blame should primarily be aimed at the players and the manager. Also, isn't Faulkner British?

The thing about firing or not firing Houllier is that's it's a very hard decision to take. What if Randy fired Houllier after Bolton but the new manager could not stop the slide?

Then we can say its not his fault that Houllier left the club in a state and he needs time to get his own players in...

David Moyes has told talkSPORT he will quit Everton when he feels the supporters are fed up with him - but insists he’s going nowhere for the time being.

The 47-year-old is the Premier League’s third-longest serving manager after spending the last nine years in charge of the Blues.

And he told Keys & Gray: “It’s not fashionable now to be in a job for nine years. It’s more fashionable for supporters to see a change, so I’m very fortunate.

“I’ve always said I wouldn’t want the supporters to get fed up of me because at the end of the day it’s their football club, it’s not mine. I’m there to do the job and try and do it to the best of my ability.

“If I got the feeling they were fed up with me then I’d do something about it. But I don’t at the moment, I still see it as one of the biggest clubs in England, and I’m really thrilled to be manager of the club.”

Moyes also admitted his disappointment with Everton’s season so far after the Blues were tipped for big things at the start of the campaign.

He added: “I went into the season with more confidence in the team. Last season we finished having lost two of out of 24 games. If you just counted those 24 games I think we may have been Premier League champions. If not we would have been second.

"I went into this season saying we only need to go close to that and we’ve got a really good chance of being near the top. I think that’s where my disappointment has come. I’m fed up of saying to the supporters every year let’s just avoid relegation.

"I wanted to see if I could change the way that we started the season by talking more positive about it, building it up a bit more, and saying to the players come on this is what is expected of you now. As it is it fell flat on its face and I’m really disappointed I haven’t been able to get to the level that I hoped to.”

Talkshite

I think they will, or they will loose all our senior players and a few of the coaching staff aswell. The problems really do run that deep, dispite the Clubs PR.

Now if Houllier were to change his arrogant ways, he may stay. But he wont, so he will be gone.

Hes come in, and acted like a Bull in a China shop, ignoring those around him, with a "i know better" attitude.

Which senior players are you talking about ? Dunne, Collins, Petrov, Warnock, Carew, etc etc ??? These "Senior" players have in my opinion behaved in a totally disrespectful manner since MON left the club (maybe before too, we don't know). I don't think we'd miss them, and would imagine Houllier could save a fortune on wages and replace them easily enough.

The only senior player I'm sure will leave is Ashley Young, and I think he'd had have left no matter what happened this season.

In regard to your comment on Houllier acting like he knows best, isn't that why you appoint a manager ? Perhaps there was so much wrong at the club before that it needed a total change, if players and staff can't accept that then they should leave.

Which senior players are you talking about ? Dunne, Collins, Petrov, Warnock, Carew, etc etc ??? These "Senior" players have in my opinion behaved in a totally disrespectful manner since MON left the club (maybe before too, we don't know). I don't think we'd miss them, and would imagine Houllier could save a fortune on wages and replace them easily enough.

The only senior player I'm sure will leave is Ashley Young, and I think he'd had have left no matter what happened this season.

In regard to your comment on Houllier acting like he knows best, isn't that why you appoint a manager ? Perhaps there was so much wrong at the club before that it needed a total change, if players and staff can't accept that then they should leave.

People like Dunne and Warnock can piss off as far as im concerned, no arguments.

People like Ashley, Gabby, Downing ect will go.

The Manager is in charge, but for me, hes rushed in trying to change things to quickly, and treated adults like school children when they have tried to tell him that.

What if he is wrong and not the players?

It was oneils squad when he took over, and they had certain ways of doing things. It was not perfect granted, but we did quite well with those same players.

Houllier had to change certain things, but in my mind hes tried to do that to quickly and pissed of the Majority of the squad and backroom staff, that hes earned the name "French School teacher".

Funny that at Liverpool he earned a similar nickname, and was accused of being arrogant, and would not listen to other views?

And the players we do know have fallen out with him. How do we know?

Ah, its the Robbie Fowler syndrome. Leek little titbits to the press about certain players, and hey presto, youve deflected the attention from your own mis-management, on to the players.

Hindsight is brilliant i know, but i bet that right now, he would of done things a lot slower than he did. Change a few things as you go along, get through the season, build up a bond between the new management team and the players, and plan for the summer, when you can change things without any disruption spreading to the Pitch.

Maybe it was eagerness to do well in the job, but overlooked the fundimental point that the English game and players have moved on since the last time he managed in this country?

Dunne, Collins, Petrov, Warnock, Carew

All have been useless this season, I'd be glad when they leave infact.

Have they been useless because they are useless, or because they have lost something? (apart from Carew who seems to have lost the appetite to perform for Villa about a year ago...)

If one player loses form its something to do with them. En masse and something is a miss, surely?

He should start with himself.

People like Dunne and Warnock can piss off as far as im concerned, no arguments.

People like Ashley, Gabby, Downing ect will go.

The Manager is in charge, but for me, hes rushed in trying to change things to quickly, and treated adults like school children when they have tried to tell him that.

What if he is wrong and not the players?

It was oneils squad when he took over, and they had certain ways of doing things. It was not perfect granted, but we did quite well with those same players.

Houllier had to change certain things, but in my mind hes tried to do that to quickly and pissed of the Majority of the squad and backroom staff, that hes earned the name "French School teacher".

Funny that at Liverpool he earned a similar nickname, and was accused of being arrogant, and would not listen to other views?

And the players we do know have fallen out with him. How do we know?

Ah, its the Robbie Fowler syndrome. Leek little titbits to the press about certain players, and hey presto, youve deflected the attention from your own mis-management, on to the players.

Hindsight is brilliant i know, but i bet that right now, he would of done things a lot slower than he did. Change a few things as you go along, get through the season, build up a bond between the new management team and the players, and plan for the summer, when you can change things without any disruption spreading to the Pitch.

Maybe it was eagerness to do well in the job, but overlooked the fundimental point that the English game and players have moved on since the last time he managed in this country?

Ashely Young would have left Villa no matter who was in charge, and no matter how well we'd done this season. He refused to talk about his contract with the last manager, and from his point of view if he's going to play for a top 4 club now is probably the right time for him.

Downing may well also leave, and while it wouldn't be great to lose him, I think he's replaceable considering he'd command a decent fee, as an example if we stay up Matt Jarvis could be gettable, and he looks pretty tidy.

Gabby I cannot see going anywhere, none of the big teams are going to want him after the season he's had, and he's recently signed a 5 year contract which i guess puts him on over £50k a week.

The adults that you say have been treated like school children have actually behaved like school children, so it's no surprise. Every manager (not just in football) has favoured and trusted staff, if you're not one of those do you just rebel, and refuse to put the effort in ? Not likely, you work hard, and try and understand the new managers methods.....who knows, perhaps the manager that won 3 French Championships, 2 French Trophees des Champions, 1 UEFA cup, 1 UEFA super cup, 1 FA Cup, and 2 League Cups actually does know what he's talking about, (last league trophy was 2006-2007). Perhaps the players should have considered that and shown more respect.

I understand the argument that the manager should pick tactics to suit the team, but how about the counter argument that the players should get on with their job and play football rather than bleeting about double training sessions and being asked to become fitter.

The fact is that even before he was confirmed as manager some players had decided they were not going to like it, funnily enough these are the same players that have let us down.

To my mind anyone that Houllier (the most successful manager to arrive at the club) is the main problem isn't looking at the facts, and as I see it the players and manager (former and present) share the blame between them.

All we can do as fans is accept we're in the crap, and get behind the team rather than adding to the bleeting that surrounds our club.

Have they been useless because they are useless, or because they have lost something? (apart from Carew who seems to have lost the appetite to perform for Villa about a year ago...)

If one player loses form its something to do with them. En masse and something is a miss, surely?

Yes you are right, there is something "missing" and that is a desire to play for Aston Villa. As professionals they have let us down and should be disgusted with themselves.

Seems like the logical conclusion.