Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the next manager is Mark Hughes, i will feel entirely numb to the situation. Almost as if this last season was an alarm, a wake-up call, but we're just going to hit the snooze button. I want Villa to get up and go to work. Moyes really would be the ideal candidate, I just can't tell if he's being coy or kind in his interviews dismissing the speculation.

**** Mark Hughes. :yawn:

Does anyone have a clue on what's going on with the club atm? Has Houllier left yet? Is Hughes the only one who's been targetted?

Can you honestly not just wait for an announcement ???

I did wait for the announcement. It was suppose to be today. We should hear something by now but still nothing. They can't be taking the piss when alot of time is required to sort out the squad.

It also seems they've left themselves in a right mess with Houllier's settlement.

It's just one mistake after another every single time with this board.

Ancelotti would really excite me and he could bring Ray Wilkins with him which would be great too. The massive problem here is the wages for Ancelotti becuase I think his Chelsea contract was somewhere in the region of 5-8mill a year IIRC. I would also take a punt on Klinsmann becuase he plays some very attractive football, but as far as IU am aware he is now working as a consultant with Toronto FC in the MLS. However, I wouldnt see that as too much of a stumbling block.

Does anyone have a clue on what's going on with the club atm? Has Houllier left yet? Is Hughes the only one who's been targetted?

I did wait for the announcement. It was suppose to be today. We should hear something by now but still nothing. They can't be taking the piss when alot of time is required to sort out the squad.

It also seems they've left themselves in a right mess with Houllier's settlement.

Eh, the club didn't say anything about it being today, it was said in the papers.

Yeah, mistake after mistake, £100 million spent, big mistake when you have ungrateful fans ...

What's taking the piss about this, they're hardly going to be sitting there just going "Hmmmm when to release a statement" ...if they are sorting out GH departure, they'll also be already moving in on future replacements, drawing up candidates and getting in contacts with agents etc....so we're not behind in anything.

As far as I know Villa haven't said an announcement would be made today, These things take time, the club have probably only known in the past few days that they were going to get rid of GH.

Not sure how you've worked out they are in a mess with the settlement and how that is Villas fault. Think I read there was a cap in the contract on how much Villa must pay for departure due to ill health which was good management by Villa.

I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOWWWWWWW.

Hughes is looking more and more like who we are going to get not amazing but a solid replacement

Ancelotti would be an amazing appointment but would take massive chunks of cash for him and his back room staff and then players that he would want but hey could be a fun time for the villa

Wow. He is now 4/11 on with SkyBet now. And interestingly, Martinez is now 2nd favourite at 3/1. Followed by McClaren at 4's and Moyes/Benitez at 5's.

I know odds don't mean anything, but its looking more like Hughes.

I backed him at 10/11 with Paddy Power at lunchtime and he is now 8/13 with them (not because of the money I put on I add)

Im coming round to hughes I guess, case of having to mi thinks. But in reality I dont think he is any better than Houllier. He would not have the experince to start change at the club like Houllier was. He's also not the kind of manger who is gonna keep players here for seasons to come. I would have thought the best appointment would have been someone who can start keeping our players, instead of them fooking off everytime they have a sniff at the dollar bills............................I mean Champions League football of course!

I did'nt think the board wanted a standard kind of manager, more of a tactician maybe, seems a bit of a step backwards.

One good thing, Hughes aint gonna put up with no shit!

am i jumping the gun in assuming that the fact that fulham havent announced that hughes has taken the option for a second year today that his contract has now expired? Id have thought theyd have announced that asap, so its obviously not been signed. For my money that means hughes is as good as villa manager

O'Neill seemed to have the hump with Hughes at last years Player Awards Night when he commented that Hughes was not getting his job

Just seems strange that the Week after Hughes joined Fulham Martin quit!!

Coincidence maybe :!:

Mark Hughes would be a dull, uninspiring, playing it safe appointment.

Come on Villa, break the tradition of a lifetime and get someone that excites the fans and makes other PL teams sit up and take notice. I am sick of us being also rans.

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Update: Statement may be released tonight. The latest info I'm getting is it is being finalised right now. Sorry for conflicting details

FFS we need a personality that makes the star players stay and belive we do really have a shot at a 4 place and bring in new stars. not one like hughes who couldent inspire a dog with Diarrhea to take a shit