Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading the word 'Stability'. How about the words 'Continual Improvement'?

If you are happy with stable, status quo, more of the same, then fine because that shows a lack of ambition.

I meant stability for a season or two, We need a manager who will stay and build a team slowly again, It took City 2 years with a infinite of funding to make the Champions League.

If you think we can make the CL next season or even the season after you are deluded with our finances it would take 3 or 4 seasons at least to make it.

How many more years of 'Stability' do you want? Clubs seeking 'Stability' have no ambition. I never mentioned CL although I think those words were mentioned as part of the 5 year plan when RL took charge.

Do you think the owners of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool want 'Stability' for a year or two as their aspiration/objective for their respective clubs?

Reading all the comments about 'Stability' makes me wonder whether we are any better than Stoke, Bolton, Fulham etc. as this is the sort of aspiration/objective I would expect from them.

If Villa fans accept and expect 'Stability' as the norm and never aspire to anything greater then what's the point?

Have you seen the last 12 months no stability means you dint get to where you want to be.

You need a stable base to build from, I guarentee you even if we had Mourinho in charge we would still not make the CL in 2 years

The last 12 months have nothing to do with 'Stability'.

The season was defined by a series of unplanned and unforeseeable events.

By the way, I don't recall ever mentioning making the CL within 2 years.

People need to look beyond the end of the nose in front of their face and think outside of the box and then they just might see that having positive aspirations can make things possible.

Was Houllier kind of outside the box, Fine if you want a big name manager who will then leave at the first chance and then we are back to square 1.

O'Neill was not really a big name when we got him and he got us 3 top 6 finishes, Ferguson and Wenger where not big names when hey joined United and Arsenal

We finished 9th and have a wage budget that is too high you need to be realistic who we can get.

But why has the statement got 'immediate effect'. Why would they use those infamous words again?

Yeah and why on the OS did they not use a different type of font to what they normally use or at least incorporate some italics, the mind boggles, this board is useless.

The bad news is that Gary McAllister has NOT, according to Timothy Abraham, left the club.

As I said in the other thread nothing will happen until a new manager comes in. With Houllier recovering for the next few months GMac won't need to leave the club and if for any odd reason the new manager wanted to keep him we'd have wasted money paying off his contract. However if the new manager didn't see him in his plans then he'd be paid off and leave.

What about Gus Poyet.

Young, successful in lower league football, good player pedigree, bright, articulate.....

Not a bad shout, we need someone like Hughes or Moyes or a young manager like Poyet or Martinez someone who wants to be successful with Villa a not just be there for a quick buck

Dear Mr Lerner,

Can you please appoint a manager that will give us several years of stability. I realise that stability means that little progress will be made but it would appear that this is the buzz word of the day and the extent of the ambition of some fans.

I appreciate that the best plan would be to make progress, especially after 5 years or so in charge, but apparently we are just Villa and we are not capable of anything greater.

I trust that you won't disappoint.

Best Regards,

Me

The bad news is that Gary McAllister has, according to Timothy Abraham, NOT left the club.

Doesn't that usually happen when a new manager is in place and chooses their own backroom staff. You don't expect him to have the morals to walk himself?