Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier: "It has been an honour to manage this great club and I wish everyone connected with Aston Villa every success for the future."

We need stability, before we can move to progress.

After this last season exactly the point. Well said

So we need to stand still before we can move forward. What a negative and narrow minded approach.

You can progress the club while not improving league position. To progress a manager needs a season to bed in and get the team playing the way he wants, then he can make the signings to progress the club.

If ever a statement reads like "I don't really want to go, but im being pushed" then this is it. Sounds like he very much wanted to go on and Villa took the decision out of his hands. Well onto the next guy then. Think it's going to be Hughes now, how dull and uninspiring..........Prove me wrong Villa.

I keep reading the word 'Stability'. How about the words 'Continual Improvement'?

If you are happy with stable, status quo, more of the same, then fine because that shows a lack of ambition.

I meant stability for a season or two, We need a manager who will stay and build a team slowly again, It took City 2 years with a infinite of funding to make the Champions League.

If you think we can make the CL next season or even the season after you are deluded with our finances it would take 3 or 4 seasons at least to make it.

How many more years of 'Stability' do you want? Clubs seeking 'Stability' have no ambition. I never mentioned CL although I think those words were mentioned as part of the 5 year plan when RL took charge.

Do you think the owners of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool want 'Stability' for a year or two as their aspiration/objective for their respective clubs?

Reading all the comments about 'Stability' makes me wonder whether we are any better than Stoke, Bolton, Fulham etc. as this is the sort of aspiration/objective I would expect from them.

If Villa fans accept and expect 'Stability' as the norm and never aspire to anything greater then what's the point?

Have you seen the last 12 months no stability means you dint get to where you want to be.

You need a stable base to build from, I guarentee you even if we had Mourinho in charge we would still not make the CL in 2 years

Who would not want this passion on the touchline and in charge of some of the moaners form this season

08_bottle_1297914a.jpg

I don't buy this "touchline passion" malarky.

It's not the manager's passion that's gonna win you games and It shouldn't make any difference to the players on the pitch.

About bleeding time. :clap:

But why has the statement got 'immediate effect'. Why would they use those infamous words again?

Anyways, not Hughes please.

What do you want them to say?

From 9 am tomorrow morning?

When the clock strikes 10?

Since yesterday afternoon but we didn't bother telling anyone?

I keep reading the word 'Stability'. How about the words 'Continual Improvement'?

If you are happy with stable, status quo, more of the same, then fine because that shows a lack of ambition.

I meant stability for a season or two, We need a manager who will stay and build a team slowly again, It took City 2 years with a infinite of funding to make the Champions League.

If you think we can make the CL next season or even the season after you are deluded with our finances it would take 3 or 4 seasons at least to make it.

How many more years of 'Stability' do you want? Clubs seeking 'Stability' have no ambition. I never mentioned CL although I think those words were mentioned as part of the 5 year plan when RL took charge.

Do you think the owners of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool want 'Stability' for a year or two as their aspiration/objective for their respective clubs?

Reading all the comments about 'Stability' makes me wonder whether we are any better than Stoke, Bolton, Fulham etc. as this is the sort of aspiration/objective I would expect from them.

If Villa fans accept and expect 'Stability' as the norm and never aspire to anything greater then what's the point?

Have you seen the last 12 months no stability means you dint get to where you want to be.

You need a stable base to build from, I guarentee you even if we had Mourinho in charge we would still not make the CL in 2 years

The last 12 months have nothing to do with 'Stability'.

The season was defined by a series of unplanned and unforeseeable events.

By the way, I don't recall ever mentioning making the CL within 2 years.

People need to look beyond the end of the nose in front of their face and think outside of the box and then they just might see that having positive aspirations can make things possible.

TimothyAbraham

Paul Faulkner: "As a Board we are very conscious of the need to ensure that the Club is prepared fully to meet the demands of the new season. And, to that end, we have already embarked upon the process which will lead to the appointment of a new manager.

We will update when appropriate and until such time as we can make an announcement there will be no further comment from the club."

What I said before. Moyes would be brilliant and realistic. I think Sven would be brilliant and realistic also but I dont see Randy etc fancying Sven.

Most likely though Hughes (which wouldnt float me boat either way, wouldnt be upset or too excited either).