Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Just saw this:

http://tinyurl.com/6ya97lg

"Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti could be on his way to Aston Villa.

The Italian has told friends he expects to be sacked - but also that he believes Roman Abramovich does not yet have anybody to replace him.

Ancelotti, though, wants his future sorted immediately after Chelsea's final league match at Everton on Sunday.

The People says last season's double-winning boss would like to stay in England and could even be a shock candidate for the Aston Villa job.

He would be prepared to drop out of Champions League football if he found an English club with the right ambition.

Villa boss Gerard Houllier will make a decision in the coming weeks whether to step down after last month's health scare."

was on yahoo.. Sorry if already posted elswhere only just come on & not had a hunt about yet :)

Interesting prospect though may of course be just press putting 2 & 2 together to get 10

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that does seem like random press talk. Though I'd love to see him here.

IF he came here, which is unrealistic in itself, who do we think he could realistically poach from Chelsea for us?

On another note, interesting about Houllier meeting with Randy and Faulkner Today.

Ancelotti's record with youth players concerns me. He's an excellent manager though.

Unless he changed his ways, I doubt Randy would consider him appropriate given how we want to make use of our fine academy.

Yeah, that does seem like random press talk. Though I'd love to see him here.

IF he came here, which is unrealistic in itself, who do we think he could realistically poach from Chelsea for us?

On another note, interesting about Houllier meeting with Randy and Faulkner Today.

I'd take Sturridge, McEachran and Bertrand.

'Houllier personally contacted David Moyes to explain Aston Villa 'project'. Moyes in advanced talks with owner Lerner - announcement soon'

i received this earlier today from a football journo from ireland.

'Houllier personally contacted David Moyes to explain Aston Villa 'project'. Moyes in advanced talks with owner Lerner - announcement soon'

Skybet have Moyes as 6/4

Victor Chandler at 12 -1

that's one heck of a difference :shock: , all the other odds are pretty much the same for each name across all the bookies

*prays* please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. (repeat til fade)

*prays* please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. (repeat til fade)

dont shoot the messenger if it bollocks. just passing it on.

If thats true and Moyes has heard what GH thinks about the club, where its going and his ideas for the move forward AND Moyes is interested after that chat. GH deserves a DoF role (for getting Moyes interested not this years results), especially if him and Moyes agree on the forward vision.

;)

Oh that's way too easy. You'll be water-boarded, rodgered by a starved grizzly bear, fed food from Iceland, forced to shop in Tenerife then be given a season ticket for the Sty for next season.

Skybet have Moyes as 6/4

Victor Chandler at 12 -1

that's one heck of a difference :shock: , all the other odds are pretty much the same for each name across all the bookies

Great spot, just had me a tenner on it.

Oh that's way too easy. You'll be water-boarded, rodgered by a starved grizzly bear, fed food from Iceland, forced to shop in Tenerife then be given a season ticket for the Sty for next season.

Harsh but Lol'd

:lol:

Skybet have Moyes as 6/4

Victor Chandler at 12 -1

I pointed this out yesterday. Unless Chandler's have taken their eye off the ball and this would be a rare occurrence, 12/1 could be a massive price.

As a general rule bookmakers intelligence networks make MI6 look like the tufty club.

Still can't see Houllier staying on for health reasons. As Lawro said on MotD on Sunday Mrs Houllier will have a big say in what happens. I'm sure he sees Villa as unfinished business but surely his health comes first.

Personally I don't think Houllier should stay on as manager given our performances this season. I had high hopes when he started and I can sort of see what he is trying to achieve but I think it will take a long time and involve a major overhaul of the squad to get there. I'm sure he would argue that once he gets a chance to really stamp his mark on the squad it will make a difference and maybe it would. My biggest concern is the way he managed to take a very good and difficult to beat side and turn into relegation candidates. That suggests to me that its all to do with the relationship between him and his assistants and the players. That is not solved over a transfer window.

If we are to appoint a British Manager I would go for Moyes on the basis we have a better squad in raw terms than Everton and money to develop it so he should be able to do much better. If we wanted someone for the future maybe Lambert or Grayson. As for a foreign manager and recognising the names floating around my pick would probably be Ranieri.

Interestingly I think Benitez is definitely putting himself in the frame but I'm not convinced by him on many fronts.