Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should stick with Houllier...until November/December at least and I also think gmac should stay aswell. Its been a long hard season but we have weathered the storm and hopefully now we can crack on and have a propper go next season.

Like i say though, if we are near the bottom of the table around xmas time then they should both go, no excuses.

No. If we're going to stick with Houllier the board need to be 100% sure of this and stick with his throughout the season.

see I'm a pro GH type, and I disagree with you here, I support GH being given the opportunity of a full pre-season to institute his changes, and after then if its not working, ( about Nov / Dec, ) then make a change. There would be no excuses left, and we would have provided ample support.

It does sound like the board have no clue what to do for the best. Just let GH go and move on ffs. Just awful what I'm reading atm.

hahahha... jesus... you have absolutely no idea whats going on behind the scenes. It's quite an assumption to say they have no clue, as you have no idea what they're planning.

If anything you have no clue, just like the rest of us :winkold:

I mean, the season isnt even over yet...

I think we should stick with Houllier...until November/December at least and I also think gmac should stay aswell. Its been a long hard season but we have weathered the storm and hopefully now we can crack on and have a propper go next season.

Like i say though, if we are near the bottom of the table around xmas time then they should both go, no excuses.

No. If we're going to stick with Houllier the board need to be 100% sure of this and stick with his throughout the season.

see I'm a pro GH type, and I disagree with you here, I support GH being given the opportunity of a full pre-season to institute his changes, and after then if its not working, ( about Nov / Dec, ) then make a change. There would be no excuses left, and we would have provided ample support.

Very rarely does sacking a manager halfway through the season change anything. Whoever we start with should finish the season imo. I don't want to be one of those clubs who panic at the first sign of trouble and have a high manager turnover.

Then we would be in another transitional season with possibly another relegation battle and the cycle continues. Do we really wanna take the risk of sitting through another season like this? It would look mighty bad in the club to have it happen 2 years in a row.

GH hasn't really made an impact and I would rather managers make them straight away. We can't afford to take the risk of slipping out of the Premier League because it's very hard to bounce back up when you have to sell your best players just to survive in the championship.

I'm sorry, but I just don't like Moyes at all. Maybe I'd change my mind if he came to Villa and brought them success. But I don't see that he did all that could be done with Everton given the players they had a few seasons back.

It does sound like the board have no clue what to do for the best. Just let GH go and move on ffs. Just awful what I'm reading atm.

What are reading? The thing to do is listen to those who know. To say the board (read Randy) do not have a clue at this juncture, just makes you sound like a mug

As Parisvilla has said - Phillip Auclair (French journalist) has reiterated that he doubts Houllier will return.

Now is the time to change the manager, not November/December. That's just a recipe for further turmoil, plus it would be much harder to get the desired replacement as other clubs are reluctant to let their manager go midway through a season, and understandably so.

I'm sorry, but I just don't like Moyes at all. Maybe I'd change my mind if he came to Villa and brought them success. But I don't see that he did all that could be done with Everton given the players they had a few seasons back.

I think it's because he can finish in good positions with a shoestring budget. Just imagine if he had a fair budget? I think that's what some of us are excited about.

I think it's because he can finish in good positions with a shoestring budget. Just imagine if he had a fair budget? I think that's what some of us are excited about.

Im with 1959 Lion on this.

Genuinely dont get it. Notoriousley slow at starting a season are Everton, havent won anything. Some dire league positions with some good ones. Spent money (just not been handed it on a plate which i give him credit for) - bought some good players as well as some bad ones.

Teams/Managers have had good league positions and actually won things on less of a budget than Moyes has had.

Think the media hype him up beyond belief. And who knows, he could be an absolute failure with a bigger budget.

The link that he will be a good replacement for SAF is laughable imo - genuinely not that good and also seems a bit of an arsehole :D

I want Moyes, but all this talk about him having no money to spend during his Everton reign is utter nonsense. Up until we paid 18m for Bent they'd even broke our transfer record!

I'm sure his net spend is incredibly low given the time he's been at Everton.

He's really had to work on a tight budget this season by selling Pienaar just to help out Everton and yet he's still going to finish in a good position.

I'm sure his net spend is incredibly low given the time he's been at Everton.

He's really had to work on a tight budget this season by selling Pienaar just to help out Everton and yet he's still going to finish in a good position.

I dont think anyones disputing that the net spend is low, but that doesnt mean the spend is low when you consider the sale of Lescott and Rooney got them nearly £60m alone.

The positions are generally good but there not world beating - and certainly dont deserve the ridiculous superlatives he gets imo