Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i very much doubt he would play a long ball style of football with the talent that we have

This.

Big Sam maintains he played this way because of the clubs he was at and the resources he had at his disposal.

And it was a success.

Big Sam tatctics = buy big brutes and hoof it to them. it works but thats all he has. look what happened when he went to newcastle and tried to play football. Massive failure.

i very much doubt he would play a long ball style of football with the talent that we have

This.

Big Sam maintains he played this way because of the clubs he was at and the resources he had at his disposal.

And it was a success.

Didn't work too well at Newcastle though when he did in fact have more talented players....

Blackburn squad not good enough to play football? really? he had Pederson, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Emerton, Kalinic, Olsson, Nelsen, Jones, Hoilett, Samba, Givet ....that's no worse than the likes of Bolton, Fulham etc...

This.

And it was a success.

agreed

This.

And it was a success.

Didn't work too well at Newcastle though when he did in fact have more talented players....

Blackburn squad not good enough to play football? really? he had Pederson, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Emerton, Kalinic, Olsson, Nelsen, Jones, Hoilett, Samba, Givet ....that's no worse than the likes of Bolton, Fulham etc...

he never should've been sacked by newcastle though, he was very harshly treated by them and they paid the ultimate price

i think you'll find that bolton and fulham have better squads than blackburn, although it is close

This.

And it was a success.

he never should've been sacked by newcastle though, he was very harshly treated by them and they paid the ultimate price

i think you'll find that bolton and fulham have better squads than blackburn, although it is close

Because they hated the football and wanted better than Midtable. With hindsight it was a bad decision... but probably seemed sound at the time.

This.

And it was a success.

Because they hated the football and wanted better than Midtable. With hindsight it was a bad decision... but probably seemed sound at the time.

Nah they were 11th in the table when he got sacked.

Hardly struggling were they.

AVFC-Prideofbrum wrote:

TRS-T wrote:

sir_gary_cahill wrote:

This.

And it was a success.

Oh No SGC has found a friend???

Forget Fat Sam even the Mirror won't put this story in their rotten rag because the chances of it happening are zilch! No one

I am not really bothered what nationality our next manager is, so long as he can manage properly! To be honest as an Englishman and Brummie I don't really want him to be Scotish or Welsh, they hate the English more than the French. But that is secondary to whoever the best candidate is at the time!! Anyway enough of this 'Buy British' campaign, go and iron your blackshirts!

wasn't sure where to put this but i've just figured out who the 'famous' person was that was on my train from derby to crewe before the blackpool game in february.

paul hayward, writer for the guardian/observer and one of the four rocket polishers who did that sunday supplement after MON left and slated the club, along with oliver holt and a couple of others.

if only i'd realised at the time..

I still think Benitez would be a real coup if you could get him. You'll struggle to find a more talented manager.

I won't bang that drum anymore though. Last summer, I was told by any number of non-Liverpool fans what a good manager Roy Hodgson was even though I knew he was the wrong man.

I cant believe im even seeing people argue Allardyce > Ranieri.

Well it's the truth.

NotSureIfSerious.png

I would want Big Sam nowhere near this club. If Houllier feels he's up for the job, he will have my support. However, I would fully welcome the likes of Moyes.