Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

To give the manager of a Premiership Club a reduced workload would be very amateurish. Especially one with aspirations of breaking in to the top 4 or at least to compete for the top half dozen places again.

To achieve the kind of success we all crave is going to require a manager who can give his all, work his bollocks off and take total responsibility. Some half baked structure of Houllier over seeing a head coach just wouldn't work for the simple reason who takes ultimate responsibility? I guess the most worrying thing is if this idea ever did come to fruition, which I highly doubt, then it may well be Gary Mac who would be the one given the head role below Houllier.

I just can't see Randy being that naive and still fully expect Houllier and G Mac to be out with in a few days of the season ending. If Houllier does stay with a reduced work load with Gary Mac given more responsibility then god help us and questions would certainly need to be asked of Randy and Faulkner.

Agree totally, especially the last line.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give the manager of a Premiership Club a reduced workload would be very amateurish. Especially one with aspirations of breaking in to the top 4 or at least to compete for the top half dozen places again.

To achieve the kind of success we all crave is going to require a manager who can give his all, work his bollocks off and take total responsibility. Some half baked structure of Houllier over seeing a head coach just wouldn't work for the simple reason who takes ultimate responsibility? I guess the most worrying thing is if this idea ever did come to fruition, which I highly doubt, then it may well be Gary Mac who would be the one given the head role below Houllier.

I just can't see Randy being that naive and still fully expect Houllier and G Mac to be out with in a few days of the season ending. If Houllier does stay with a reduced work load with Gary Mac given more responsibility then god help us and questions would certainly need to be asked of Randy and Faulkner.

Agree totally, especially the last line.

Agreed too. I thought that Houllier staying as manager as he was would be the worst case scenario, but this trumps it. Scary stuff.

just to throw it out there but if GH was to stay and move upstairs, how would people feel about someone like Martin Laursen as 1st team coach, its a risk but the players would respect him and the fans would support and give him time.

Like i said just an idea, plus as much as i hate houllier as manager i think we need to keep him at the club in some capacity, as we have no one with football knowledge upstairs which doesn't help.

If (if if, big if) Randy wants to go down the route of having a director of football, then we could do worse than have Houllier. But as I've said before, the very fact of having a director of football precludes you from getting certain managers to work for you. The current runaway winner of this poll being a very probable example.

If Randy is not hellbent on having a DoF then I don't see any reason to keep Houllier here in any capacity whatsoever.

As El-Reacho said earlier, the one to listen to is Phillip Auclair. If he says he doubts Houllier will return then thats good enough for me. You can dismiss what Balague says with a minor application of Cillit Bang.

Just received a text. Apparently Houllier is meeting Lerner and Faulkner with his solicitor at BMH today.

Ive heard Houllier has been offered a new 2 year contract.

he gets 500 minutes and unlimited texts

Just received a text. Apparently Houllier is meeting Lerner and Faulkner with his solicitor at BMH today.

Badum Tish.

Actually that made me laugh quite a lot. :lol:

That's the first time you've made me smile whilst being on these forums I think...Good one!