Promising Young Players

Qwpzxjor1

Been a while...

OKAY YOKUŞLU (Kayserispor)

okay.jpg

Turkish U19 international Okay Yokuşlu made the step up from second-tier outfit Altay last July, is gradually finding his feet in the Süper Lig. Though his opportunities have been somewhat limited, the central midfielder's qualities have shone through of late; most notably his commanding performance against a superior Beşiktaş side.

In his first test against one of the division's tougher outfits, Yokuşlu outmatched both former Everton loanee Manuel Fernandes and veteran Fabian Ernst in the middle of the park as Kayserispor earned an unlikely 1-0 victory.

Though there is some room for improvement in the attacking side of his game, Yokuşlu has found the net twice this season so the signs are encouraging that he can develop in time. At the tender age of 17, time is something he has plenty of.

THULANI SERERO

Thulani-SereroMTN8WL.jpg

Ajax Cape Town's midfield dynamo, the Soweto-born 20 year old recently made his full international debut (albeit coming off the bench) after impressing for the South Africa U-20's. Has bagged himself 8 goals and 7 assists so far this season.

Just thought I'd bring this back up as Ajax (Amsterdam) have reportedly taken the lad on trial. Will be interesting to see how he does if they do take him to the Eredivisie, definitely one to keep an eye out for.

And he's just come on for Ajax at Old Trafford. :)

• 2 months later...

I still think he is promising, world cup winner true but he only made appearance and that as a sub, his main highlight was the u21 success he had.. I don't think he is right at the top in terms of talent YET (he still gives the ball away a few times needlessly etc) but I think it's fair to say he will be there soon imo as he shows consistency aswell.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Terrence Boyd

Terrence%2BBoyd.jpg

21 yeard-old German-American striker playing for Rapid Vienna. Before signing for Rapid Vienna this past June, he was a part of Borussia Dortmund's reserve side, where he scored 20 goals in 32 appearances. He has started off well at Rapid, scoring 4 times in 6 matches and he is now part of Klinnsman's USA set up.

Having watched this guy alot in the past year, he is a big lad with the physicality to be useful in hold up play, but he is also one hell of a finisher. Definitely keep an eye on him!

• 3 months later...

Bumped for SGC.

On the subject though, how great a season is El Shaarawy having? If he was doing this in England or Spain at 20 people would be raving about him. 16 goals and it's not even Christmas. Milan don't even have that good a side anymore either.

He's good, but he can be better. His technique and control is very good. Decent at finishing too.

I'd say he need to lift his head a bit more though, tends to suffer from tunnel vision.

he can get a lot better and for me Milan need to take all the responsibility from his shoulders as this was similar to Owen at Liverpool at a similar age. they need Pato, Pazzini or Robinho to really step up or sign another striker even on short term fix like a Di Natale or Miccoli who will add goals to relieve the pressure

Yea Robinho's looking to go back to Brazil.. He's been absolutely woeful this season imo. Certainly no one to look up to for the younger guys anyway.

Can't wait to see the back of him.

That being said, I'm sad to see the lack of Brailians in Milan at the moment. :(

Barcelona; Adama Traore.

282223d1352486576-barca-youngsters-facepack-o_f_c_barcelona_adama_traore_diarra-4367643.jpg

Young winger with exceptional pace and from highlights a decent end product. Playing for Juvenil A and only 16. Loves a byline.

Go to about 1;43 when he comes on for his first game for Juvenil A.

more highlights from a game, not individual but he's the right winger. Particualrly 0.37, 1.25, 1.55, 3.35 good moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69pBMXCvpD4 playing last year for younger team. Goal at 1.35 (and everything after to be fair) is frighteningly good, the fact it's so easy to go past players due to pace but in control of actions (most impressive)

• 1 month later...

Lorenzo Insigne looks a very good talent. His record in the lower leagues the last few years has been outstanding and now he's trying to replace Lavezzi in the Napoli side. Insigne-Balotelli-El Shaarawy is a very promising future front 3 for Italy.

Â