Promising Young Players

Qwpzxjor1

Matt Phillips is an impact player and nothing more, most of his appearances have been off the bench for a reason. The likes of Ormerod start ahead of him.

he has been on the bench because he is still acclimatising to the prem, he is young and will improve, he's superb

Exactly, but when people say we should look at him or that he's quality already I disagree. He's purely potential, and you also have to remember that it's hard to judge players in Blackpools attacking style. Even GTF has looked a good Premiership player in parts as they're so expansive.

Matt Phillips is an impact player and nothing more, most of his appearances have been off the bench for a reason. The likes of Ormerod start ahead of him.

Ormerod has only started one more game than him to be fair.

Hence why I said players like =p Whether it's Ormerod, GTF, Harewood, Grandin, Varney etc... Phillips has barely started a game. Overall he's started 5 games out of 33 I think it is now.

The Ayew brothers at Marseille are looking very promising. 21 year old Andre got a hat-trick against Nice last night taking him to 10 league goals for the season, and his younger brother Jordan (19) got the other goal. Anyone who saw the OM Man Utd CL game might remember Andre putting in a good performance then as well. Definitely a couple of players who's progress I'll be keeping an eye on.

THULANI SERERO

Thulani-SereroMTN8WL.jpg

Ajax Cape Town's midfield dynamo, the Soweto-born 20 year old recently made his full international debut (albeit coming off the bench) after impressing for the South Africa U-20's. Has bagged himself 8 goals and 7 assists so far this season.

Just thought I'd bring this back up as Ajax (Amsterdam) have reportedly taken the lad on trial. Will be interesting to see how he does if they do take him to the Eredivisie, definitely one to keep an eye out for.

Ramatsiyi Moholoa @ sowetanlive.co.za"]Serero on trial at Ajax Amsterdam

ABSA Premiership star of the moment Thulani "Simply The Best" Serero is hoping to realise his dream of furthering his soccer career in Europe in the new season.

Serero, a strong contender for the player of the season and players' player of the season awards, is on a week's trial at the invitation of Dutch giants and the Cape side's parent club, Ajax Amsterdam.

The Soweto-born Serero and Clayton Daniels left for Amsterdam on Saturday night, a day after helping Ajax Cape Town beat Lamontville Golden Arrows 3-1.

"I'm in the right frame of mind and am looking forward to impressing the technical staff of Ajax Amsterdam," Serero said. "This is the second time I have been invited by Ajax for an assessment and what makes me happy this time round is that Hennie Spijkerman is part of the technical staff."

Spijkerman worked as assistant to head coach Foppe de Haan at the Urban Warriors and is a big fan of Serero, who turned 21 last Monday. Spijkerman, who was tipped to take over from De Haan at the end of the season, is now assistant to the legendary Frank de Boer in Amsterdam.

Serero's business manager Mike "Nanana" Ntombela said: "Serero has been having a great season and I hope that he will pass the assessment with flying colours.

"The good thing about this invite is that he is now familiar with the Ajax Amsterdam set-up after training with them for a week."

I will certainly keep an eye on Ajax. They got 3 of Denmarks biggest talents from next year.

Christian Eriksen is more and more looking like a starplayer for them.

Nikolai Boilesen is also getting playtime in their defense. Both of these are 19.

16 year old Victor Fischer will join them in the summer.

More or less same position as Eriksen and considered as big a talent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382767/Boltons-Marcos-Alonso-wheel-car-involved-womans-death-Madrid.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Bolton's Marcos Alonso 'at wheel of car involved in woman's death in Madrid'

By JOHN EDWARDS and ALEX KAY Last updated at 10:28 PM on 2nd May 2011

Bolton defender Marcos Alonso will appear before a Madrid court this morning to face charges over a crash that left a female passenger dead.

The former Real Madrid full back could be charged with involuntary homicide after a breath test at the scene showed his alcohol levels to be almost twice that permitted under Spanish law.

Paramedics fought to save the woman after Alonso's car spun and overturned on Monday morning. She was not breathing after being pulled from the wreckage, but treatment by the road revived her. However, she was pronounced dead 30 minutes after arriving at hospital.

Three other passengers in the car were taken to the hospital with injuries that were thought not to be life-threatening. Alonso, 20, who had returned to Madrid for a break after Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Blackburn, was unhurt.

He was said to be so shaken, however, that he had an anxiety attack which left him unable to take a follow-up breath test. Magistrates will this morning confirm the charge against him and decide whether to keep him in custody or release him on bail ahead of his hearing.

Very, very sad. He tweeted about going out and having a drink w his friends in Madrid just last night. The accident was at 7:30am. What a waste.

Poor girl. :(

We need to install shotguns, instead of airbags, ready to blow the head of the driver on impact.

Would do wonders for traffic safety and I think you would need to be pretty f***ing drunk to forget about it.

BOF way back when"]Tomorrow we face St Patricks Athletic and I can assure you from watching the 1st game that these are the poorest of the Irish team that took part. Shelbourne were unlucky to lose, had most of the ball and most of the attacks and had the outstanding player on the park. Wes Houlahan is 19 years of age and has been in the Irish U-21's since he was 16 years of age. How he hasn't been picked up by an English team I dont know. But he ran Pats ragged on the rightwing and in the end it was their strikers that let them down.

All those years ago I thought he'd be a good player and he has been climbing the leagues ever since. As we know, he was promoted with Norwich to the Premier League yesterday. And I think I heard he was their POTS too. Congrats to wee Wesley.

• 1 month later...
Deni Alar

alar.jpg

Austrian U21 striker who's just broke the 10 goal mark in his second full season at KSV Superfund.

Another one whose moving up in the world, Alar's solid season has cemented his place in the Austrian-U21's and earned him an €800k move to Rapid Vienna.

FEDERICO RODRÍGUEZ

350x.jpg

19 year old Uruguayan striker, recently secured a £3.7m move to Genoa from CA Peñarol after impressing at Montevideo rivals CA Bella Vista. Has effectively "pulled an Unsworth", as he hadn't actually kicked a ball for Peñarol before moving to Serie A. Capped and scored for Uruguay U-20's.

Another update, after making the move Rodríguez bagged 3 goals in 7 appearances in the Campionato Nazionale Primavera (Italy's youth league) and has been promoted to Genoa's full squad for next season.

Surely to God that Adrian Lopez bloke who is banging them in up front for the Spanish U21s has to move this summer. He plays for recently-relegated Deportivo La Coruna. You'd think one of the vultures would've swooped for him by now. If not, they soon will after the tournament is over and he finishes as top scorer for the champions.

Â