Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Bof (mods), is there any particular reason for not adding a poll to this? Is it to avoid trying to influence the club? I doubt very much it would make that much difference to be fair as I reckon they are going to sack Houllier before Wednesday. Just got the feeling something big is going to happen after reading that the General has been told to stay off the site until Wednesday.

Stay. We're quite good going forward now it's just the defence which lets us down. After a pre-season hopefully he'll be able to get these problems sorted out. I think we'll be challenging for Europe next season.

Why don't we have solid spine? Cuellar and Collins will be back for Saturday. And Makoun. NRC has looked very solid. As I said, from open p;lay attacking we're pretty good, defending alright. It's just set pieces attacking and defending where we're severely lacking.

A few mentioning Moyes. A man who has won trophies in different countries isnt good enough for us but a man who has won nothing is.

Also, the people who want Gerard to stay explain their decision in a paragraph of points. The people who want him out just say "He has to go" or "Get out" etc etc.

Says a lot.

It is completely beyond me why people even waste their time writing this drivel? Why do it? When, even you, must know it's complete rubbish. All you are doing is trying to provoke further angry response. If you really want me to then I'll find my post-Wednesday assessment and paste it on here for you. Although we both know what you're saying is nonsense....

Also, the people who want Gerard to stay explain their decision in a paragraph of points. The people who want him out just say "He has to go" or "Get out" etc etc.

I think the results might explain that.

STAY till the end of the season.

if he finishes 6th or 7th, then STAY.

(if we had won yesterday, we would have been only 3 points behind 6th, so not that hard to achieve).

if he finishes below 7th, then a hard decision to make on whether he can deliver 4th next season whilst reducing the wage bill to £60mill.

Bof (mods), is there any particular reason for not adding a poll to this? Is it to avoid trying to influence the club? I doubt very much it would make that much difference to be fair as I reckon they are going to sack Houllier before Wednesday. Just got the feeling something big is going to happen after reading that the General has been told to stay off the site until Wednesday.
You're the first request I've seen, and now I've done it. The notion that I would politically side with the club is a little insulting on what is a fan forum run by fans for fans :?

You're the first request I've seen, and now I've done it.

Moderators, can we have a poll please as to whether Houllier has the backing of the fans on this forum or whether it is time for him to go while there is still time for someone to keep us up and assess the damage in readiness for next season.

You sure about that Bri? ;)

Moderators, can we have a poll please as to whether Houllier has the backing of the fans on this forum or whether it is time for him to go while there is still time for someone to keep us up and assess the damage in readiness for next season.

:? He said it was the first request he'd seen. What's there not to get?

I never said he definitely saw it. I assume by default everyone reads the OP before commenting, although if he didn't that's not the end of the world is it? Meant in jest as well, cool down.

You're the first request I've seen, and now I've done it. The notion that I would politically side with the club is a little insulting on what is a fan forum run by fans for fans :?

Cheers BOF. Oh, and I wasn't being arsey with you mate with regards to the "influence the club" comment. I just thought that the site might not want to try to influence the managers position, rather than suggesting that the club wouldn't like you to! I trust the integrity of you mods :)

:? He said it was the first request he'd seen. What's there not to get?

Wot V&L said. I hadn't seen that. Funnily enough, the mere title was enough to keep me away for days.

Im torn really as we are playing better than before that much is obvious. W are however in major need of defensive practise which doesnt seem to be improving. GH has also signed some very good players and i think he would get more in the summer. Cant get my head round the defence, IIRC Liverpools was always very good under him.