Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Im torn really as we are playing better than before that much is obvious. W are however in major need of defensive practise which doesnt seem to be improving. GH has also signed some very good players and i think he would get more in the summer. Cant get my head round the defence, IIRC Liverpools was always very good under him.
Don't forget he only signed one "defender" in January in Walker who happens to be very attacking. Give him another transfer window a pre-season and I think we'll see the defence significantly improve.

I do find it ironic people call Houllier a defeatist, then proclaim loudly to all and sundry with him at the helm we'll be in the Championship. Pot/kettle?

I went yesterday and I didn't see a defeatist-attituded team, far from it.

I do find it ironic people call Houllier a defeatist, then proclaim loudly to all and sundry with him at the helm we'll be in the Championship. Pot/kettle?

I went yesterday and I didn't see a defeatist-attituded team, far from it.

Another nice generalisation there to suit your arguement I see.

What I saw yesterday was a team with a very soft under-belly and severely lacking in confidence. For reasons about why this is partly Houllier's fault please see my post on the match reaction thread, page 13, I'm not repeating it again.

The poll should have included the option to vote for him to go at the end of the season

Exactly. Many people have said they don't want him as our manager long-term, but that he should secure our PL status first. Those people would therefore have to vote "stay" whereas, in reality, they don't want him here for any length of time.

Dodgy knees. I have stared at your avatar for some time now... and I must say, I'm pretty certain those are not knees.

I think GH should stay for now, sign no-one until august when he sanctions bringing in a checkered player that doesn't want to be here in partial trade for our best player. Then, he should leave unannounced, in a snit, 5 days before the season, with the club still on an unsustainable wage bill. Oh, and take most of the coaching staff with him. That will set up the next guy for great success. Oh, and then have a caretaker who's a "nice guy" to make certain the players resent discipline when the new guy arrives. (I'm sorry, I know I'm not on the script here, but I couldn't help myself.)