Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Houllier thinks he's doing us a favour by managing us! Whereas the majority of us think he's lucky to still be in a job.

The majority of us think he should stay.

Which majority you basing that on?

Ha, Sun 3:32, it's 50/49!

Have a read of my post earlier on this page and you might wish to retract that comment. Plus, as a cross-section of our support, the fact 49% want him gone now speaks absolute volumes.

Oops, I missed that one. Read my post above.

Stay. I've got faith that he'll sign some good players in the summer. I just hope he knows what areas need strengthening.

I have faith he'll sign good players but I've no faith in him getting the best out of them.

Aston Villa doesn't need Houllier, let's get that straight. This man has disrespected this club continuously, add in his inept management where we can't even defend corners.

Expectations have sunk so low now that most now think that only Houllier can actually get this team to play possesion based football...... It's pretty sad really...

You don't mean that.

The truth is, if we would have won today which we should have there would not be such a reaction. It would have papered over a lot of cracks.

The FA cup team selection was disrespectful to put it lightly, however I will stand by the opinion that todays defeat is not Houlliers fault. What has to be taken into consideration by the board is that the form is a disgrace. Ok we have had injuries, but the squad at his disposal is very much top 6 standard and should be doing better.

We are in a terrible position and the players as well as the manager need to make sure they give us something to cheer about in what has been a write off season.

A lot of things Houllier has done are wrong, and he will continue to make mistakes, but he is trying to adopt a different philosphy at villa. We have a right to voice our opinions to the board and the manager but I believe Houllier will be here next season unless we are relegated.

This post is not to stick up for Houllier, as I have said he has made almost unforgivable mistakes but we need to stay behind him as it only affects the team if we start getting on his back!

But our form over the last few games has been top 6 form. GH is beginning to turn it around.

One win in five? :lol: Have you ever considered a career on stage? You made me laugh...

We won the 2 games previous to those 5 and we were very unlucky not to win today.

We've just put together 2 of our best performance of the season back to back...if we'd have won today, which we would have done 8/10 with the chances we had, then we'd be 9th...2 points off 8th. Would people be moaning then???

They would wouldn't they :lol:

If Bob had a sex change he would be my Auntie. If this, if that, if the other. The league table doesn't reflect 'ifs' it just reflects 'whats'.

Whose making anything up?

.... How about the part that I quoted and commented on:

most now think that only Houllier can actually get this team to play possesion based football

Any other idiotic questions to try and back-up your argument?

Aston Villa doesn't need Houllier, let's get that straight. This man has disrespected this club continuously, add in his inept management where we can't even defend corners.

Expectations have sunk so low now that most now think that only Houllier can actually get this team to play possesion based football...... It's pretty sad really...

You don't mean that.

?

That seems to be the only defense for Houlliers pretty shambolic regime i hear from most - ie- we play decent football in patches . Forgive me if i think good football and results are not polar opposites and think theres plenty of managers who would not have us stilll talking of "staying up" in **** MArch with this squad and alienating himself with awful interviews and routinely shooting themselves in the foot

Good lord expectations have not sunk. Next season myself and many others expect us to be challenging for Europe.

Based on what?

Because I believe after a full pre-season and another transfer window Houllier will hopefully have been able to ingrain his new philosophy into the players that are capable and shipped out the ones that are not and brought in adequate replacements.

Stay for me- that was not a performance of a team that is doomed.

How many other teams could cope with 3 main central defenders out?

I still believe we are making progress on the pitch, a bit of luck wouldn't go amiss

I may have missed something but I thought that we didn't cope and that is why we lost.

Good lord expectations have not sunk. Next season myself and many others expect us to be challenging for Europe.

Based on what?

Because I believe after a full pre-season and another transfer window Houllier will hopefully have been able to ingrain his new philosophy into the players that are capable and shipped out the ones that are not and brought in adequate replacements.

That is wishful thinking.

Don't even mean that in a bad way - but it is pretty much just belief based on nothing .

Unless Houllier conjures up a great run from here on now i think he should be shown the door in summer. If he cannot get this squad doing well why should we believe he is capable of ripping it up and starting again?

based on what?

Based on what?

That is wishful thinking.

Don't even mean that in a bad way - but it is pretty much just belief based on nothing .

Unless Houllier conjures up a great run from here on now i think he should be shown the door in summer. If he cannot get this squad doing well why should we believe he is capable of ripping it up and starting again?

based on what?

No it's not. We're already more comfortable on the ball and one of Houllier's signings (Walker) has been fantastic, another (Bent) has been good while we haven't seen enough of Makoun or Bradley, but they both certainly look promising. Our defence is pretty shit but I think that may have a lot to do with injuries and the defenders themselves. No, I'm not saying Collins and Dunne who were part of one of the league's best defences last season (as people keep on banging on about) are necessarily bad but they're not used to playing with the ball. In the summer I think he'll work on the defence and sign a couple of defenders that play his way.

No it's not. We're already more comfortable on the ball and one of Houllier's signings (Walker) has been fantastic, another (Bent) has been good while we haven't seen enough of Makoun or Bradley, but they both certainly look promising. Our defence is pretty shit but I think that may have a lot to do with injuries and the defenders themselves. No, I'm not saying Collins and Dunne who were part of one of the league's best defences last season (as people keep on banging on about) are necessarily bad but they're not used to playing with the ball. In the summer I think he'll work on the defence and sign a couple of defenders that play his way.

I saw exactly the same posts at the end of December to be fair. Get to the January window then he will bring his players in. He has had the chance to do that now and we are still dropping points from defensive errors. We should have signed a pair of centre halves in Jan if the current crop aren't good enough (which I think they are).

I'm not sure how Bradley looks promising either. IMO he couldn't seem to pass the ball 5 yards on Wednesday night.

Very wishful. When people are writing off this season, we arent even safe yet.
It's not wishful. It's optimistic. There's a difference.

I saw exactly the same posts at the end of December to be fair. Get to the January window then he will bring his players in. He has had the chance to do that now and we are still dropping points from defensive errors. We should have signed a pair of centre halves in Jan if the current crop aren't good enough (which I think they are).

I'm not sure how Bradley looks promising either. IMO he couldn't seem to pass the ball 5 yards on Wednesday night.

I agree we should have gotten at least one centre-back in January but maybe Houllier felt there weren't any suitable replacements out there? I don't think he wanted to overhaul the squad too much mid-season anyway. That's for the summer.

I just don't believe a good manager should come into a team who had gained their best points total in years and need to spend a fortune replacing players to get them to a similar level.

Clearly Randy wanted a change in direction.

If we'd brought in another manager like MON, we'd have been bankrupt in 10 years time.

You don't mean that.

?

That seems to be the only defense for Houlliers pretty shambolic regime i hear from most - ie- we play decent football in patches . Forgive me if i think good football and results are not polar opposites and think theres plenty of managers who would not have us stilll talking of "staying up" in **** MArch with this squad and alienating himself with awful interviews and routinely shooting themselves in the foot

Interviews are meaningless. Food for thought, yes. Would you consider your posts 100% informative in your your CV?

If you want top4 finish, you shouldn't be so negative about good football. Without good football there will NEVER be top4 finish,

And if you want Champions League football, good Premier League football isn't enough.

We need good football. And we are improving ... err IMO.

You don't mean that.

?

Interviews are meaningless. Food for thought, yes. Would you consider your posts 100% informative in your your CV?

If you want top4 finish, you shouldn't be so negative about good football. Without good football there will NEVER be top4 finish,

And if you want Champions League football, good Premier League football isn't enough.

Thanks for contradicting yourself in the same post.

You say "interviews are meaningless" which is the same as saying "what Houllier says about the team/performances is irrelevant" and yet, further down, you say "you shouldn't be so negative about good football."

Right, so our manager being negative in interviews has no effect on anyone? But you are on here lecturing people about negativity? :lol: You really couldn't make it up!

You don't mean that.

?

:confused:

er..my job isn't posting on forums about football related ....my CV? posts? what?

Houlliers job is football management - - interviews are part of his job . So dnno what you are on about ?

i said good football and results are NOT polar opposites.

So....dnno where you are coming from tbh

.Houllier done a good job this far?

No